Friday, January 31, 2014

Naked 3 Palette - Review and Swatches!

Hi everyone! I'm back with another swatch and review post which I know so so many of you will be interested in. It is, of course, the hugely anticipated Naked 3 Palette. I've had this palette for a little over a month now, so I've been able to get a feel for my favourite colours and really get to know the palette. I've done a mini-review and demonstration for a makeup look on my YouTube channel, so definitely go check that out if you're looking for makeup inspiration. (Link to video)

The Naked 3 Palette is a beautiful rose inspired palette with blush tones and golden hues. The packaging is a beautiful rose gold metal box with the logo in elegant golden font. The box clasps shut, which I find way more secure than the magnet closure on the Naked 1 Palette!


Unfortunately I threw away the box it came inside, but it basically had ingredients and images of the shades on the back. The back of the palette itself is rose gold and patterned with this dented metal look. 


Opening the palette you've got the shades and the huuuuuuuuge mirror I always love in the Urban Decay palettes! In total there are 12 gorgeous shades, which as you can see run from a pale, creamy pink to deep, rich black. The palette also includes a brush. I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm not too keen on 'freebies' with eyeshadow palettes or brow kits; I think they are unnecessary. Even so, I guess it is always good to add to your brush collection!


The shades are all considered neutrals; none are out of this world crazy! This also means they are totally wearable. Urban Decay's website says of the palette: NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN (and insanely beautiful) rose-hued neutrals—from pale, shimmery pink to deep black matte with rosy red micro-glitter.


As usual, the shades work in order from lightest to darkest. 
Strange: A matte pale shade with a slight pinkish undertone. A perfect inner corner highlight from this palette.
Dust: A pale shimmering peach shade, with a whole heap of shimmer! 
Burnout: A satin finish shade whose peachy pink tone is gorgeously natural.
Limit: A matte pale to mid-tone mauvy pink. A great transition colour that I love.
Buzz: A beautiful mid-tone pink with loads of shimmering glitter.


Trick: One of the most unique eyeshadow shades ever! A true rose-gold shade which is absolutely packed with a beautiful golden shimmer.
Nooner: A mid-tone to darker-toned mauvy pink. Your typical dusty rose colour.
Liar: A silvery-purple shimmering shade.
Factory: A bronzy, deep shimmering shade with rosy glitter.
Mugshot: Another silvery shade with plum undertones.


Darkside: A satin-finish taupe with loads of deep plum as an undertone.
Blackheart: A black shadow which is actually packed with red micro-glitter, which gives it the purplish look. A very dramatic shade!


Side note: I'd like to comment that the texture and pigmentation of these eyeshadows surpasses any I've seen (Included the naked 1 palette!). The colours glide on faultlessly; their textures are very velvetty and the colour payoff is incredible. The shades are so opaque!



So these are the shades swatched in order, out of direct sunlight. These were done in a single swipe; such amazing pigmentation ahhhh.


(above) Swatches with flash. The shimmering colours really sparkle under flash. They are so packed with beautiful glitters.


These are the shades in direct sunlight. I actually find most of them to be really gorgeous, and more importantly, wearable in daytime looks!


This is the swatched shades next to the palette itself. As you can see, the shades in pan are pretty true to how they come out!


My favourite shades are definitely Dust,


Trick (so unique, so incredibly pretty!)


aaaand Mugshot. Which isn't actually one I liked so much in the pan, but once its on my NW15 skin, I absolutely adore it.

So overall I am in love with the palette. I got this as a gift for Christmas but my Dad got it from Debenhams for 37 GBP, which I think is definitely an investment, but well worth it. I am in love! It has become my go-to palette for my day to day looks, and definitely compliments spring/summer make-up. 

L

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig