Wednesday, March 12, 2014

B. Pure Micellar Water Review & Demo




Micellar water is a relatively new product, as far as I’m aware. I picked this one up from Superdrug not particularly knowing exactly what it was meant for, but I was in need of a makeup remover, and I reckoned this would do the job! Micellar water is more than that, though; it’s a really gentle alternative way of removing makeup, cleansing your skin between washes and removing impurities and oil from the face. It also restores the pH balance of the skin, mildly conditions it to keep it supple and promotes a brighter, fresher looking complexion. Phew! All in one product hey! So mine is the B. Pure Micellar Water, which cost 4.99GBP and can be bought from any Superdrug or online.

First of all, I think it is a really beautiful product! It seems like we plaster ourselves in gunky, chunky, splodgy stuff far too much, and this just breaks the chain for me by being perfectly clear and pure looking. I love the packaging because it reminds me of VOSS water bottles, which are also clear and sleek. The product itself is 150ml and so far has lasted me well! I’ve only used about 1/6th of the bottle. It doesn’t have too much of a harsh smell, it does smell a bit chemically but it’s very subtle, and you also get notes of the cucumber ingredient.

This stuff is really wonderful, and I really can’t praise it enough. I use it most days I don’t wear makeup, just for a quick swipe during the day when I feel my face becoming oily on my chin and forehead. It makes my skin instantly brighter and fresher and clean looking and feeling. It removes the oil and tones my skin so I look more or less matte again, and there's no need to rinse it off so it's great for on-the-go. If I’ve worn makeup, this works wonders on removing my thick eyeliner, mascara and eyelash glue. I use a makeup pad and soak it, then hold it on my eye for 10-15 seconds, then swipe away and it’s pretty much gone! I usually go back over it a few times to tidy up the area underneath my eyes too, and you can just use the other side of the pad for that. I don’t tend to use this on foundation and general face makeup because I simply don’t want to use all of the product up! You’d have to use a fair bit to remove all your foundation, so if you’re able to repurchase this easily, go for it! I’d still recommend you wash your face with proper skincare soapy stuff too, because you might miss some!

I’ve been blown away by a product that I had no idea what it was when I bought it, which is kind of funny! I really enjoy using this fresh, pure stuff on my face; it really is a refreshing break from thick soaps and creams I’m so used to. I’d 100% recommend you try a Micellar Water, even those of you with sensitive skin, as it is so gentle and soothing. Below are pictures of me using the Micellar Water on my skin in the morning. Note that I hadn’t washed my face yet, but had the night before, so whatever was on my face had accumulated over the night. You can see how much came out on the pad, it’s so disgusting but also cool to see! Seeing the dirt and impurities you have removed makes your face feel a whole lot cleaner. I hope you found this review informative and helpful! Again, Micellar Waters are ridiculously affordable, and I’d definitely recommend them to absolutely anyone. They are perfect, and a wonder product!

Have you used or reviewed any Micellar Waters? Let me know in the comments and I’ll be sure to read your post!

 Do excuse my chipped nail varnish!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig