Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Ultimate Brow Product Collection


Brows, eh? You’re either a brow person, or you’re not. To me, it’s as simple as that. I myself didn’t even know you could ‘do’ your eyebrows until mid-2013 (dear lord). I was a victim of foundation-y brows and had to suffer the consequences of my enthusiastic over-plucking until they grew back themselves. Then I came to the realisation that “You can put makeup on your eyebrows?!?!?!” and decided I’d give it a go. Even now, I’m not a professional brow-doer, and I really wish I was! I don’t know, I think some people just have a knack for knowing where your arch is supposed to go, and some people are destined to have wonky brows forever. If you are like me; not overly confident, not overly sure, not overly skilled, then please have a look at the products which drastically improved my brow routine and gave me a bit of confidence and helped me practice.

1.     Benefit Gimme Brow:
My Benefit Gimme Brow tube is only a week old, and very much a part of my daily brow routine. It is extremely easy. I would even go so far as to call it fool proof. It replaces powder, wax and clear mascara and builds fibres in your brows to thicken them and make them appear naturally fuller.

2.     Spoolies
It might seem obvious, but to me, it reeeeeally wasn’t. I’ve got quite long brow hairs and they can become unruly, so I use a clean spoolie to just brush them back into place. I do this before putting any product on my brows, so I know they’re all in the right place.

3.     Sigma Small Angle Brush E65
My perfect brush for doing my brows, I absolutely love it. I use the thin edge to draw the lines above and below the hairs, then the flat, fat edge to blend the powders through the hairs. It came with my essential kit, and it remains one of my most used brushes! Any small pointy brush like this will do the job, but what I really love about Sigma brushes is how soft they are.

4.     Sigma Brow Powder Duo
I got mine in Januray, and it made it straight into my top favourite products. I knew it would be good because I’ve seen and heard really positive things about it, but I didn’t realise the shades would be so natural and ashy coloured. I’ve experienced some really red-toned brow powders, which just look mental on my pale-ish skin and next to my blonde hair. I’d always recommend looking for ashy toned brow powders, because almost always, the natural colour of the brow is ashier than the actual hair colour. These shades are absolutely perfect, and the powders are so easy to blend. I did a full review on this product, read it here!

5.     Essence Clear Brow and Lash Mascara
So cheap and so essential to your everyday brow routine. This cost me $3.50, which is absolutely no money, and keeps my brows in place all day and not feeling horrible and crispy like some other brow gels do. I would really recommend picking one of these up; if you experience your brows going a bit crazy during the day, this product will keep even really long and thick hairs in place.



1
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig