Wednesday, December 3, 2014

♔ 5 Product Face





 While, of course, I love sitting for hours dolling myself up, there are sometimes when a super quick makeup application is needed (like at 7:00am and you’re rushing to catch the train!) and I’ve narrowed down my top 5 products which make it really easy to just dash out the door.

First, on a buffing brush (the Sigma and RealTechniques are my favourite!) I take the L’Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade Vanilla, and buff a light layer onto my skin. I love this foundation because it’s really light, even and natural looking, but for a fuller face you can build it up and it becomes a very flawless base. Plus, it’s drugstore and very affordable! Then I take my Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo and take the phenomenally beautiful contouring shade Heliopolis. I use this on my NARS Ita Kabuki brush, which is long and thin so I can create that really crisp, sculpted line underneath my cheekbones. The Heliopolis shade is perfect for daytime and I can’t recommend it enough, it’s such a natural looking shade which doesn’t look harsh, muddy or reeeeally obvious on my pale skin.

I can’t ever go wrong with my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes, which is probably one of the most prettiest eyeshadow palettes in the world, and doesn’t get the recognition it deserves! It’s got lovely neutrals which are perfectly suited for daytime wear, and the shades are highly pigmented and fool-proof to blend out. My favourite daytime look is to darken up my crease using Garter Belt on a blending brush, and then taking Satin Sheets on my finger and putting that on my eyelid to brighten them up. I then move on to my Benefit They’re Real Mascara, which is just about running out on me at the moment! It’s a perfect mascara, and while it’s on the pricey side it doesn’t take any time at all to lengthen and thicken my lashes using it. I love the brush, too, it’s not like any brush I’ve seen before and I love the spikey tip of the brush, which makes it easy to get the little inner corner lashes and the lower lash line.

For the lips I’d always go for Peach Blossom my MAC, which is another beauty that doesn’t get the rep I think it deserves. It’s a cremesheen finish, so it’s quite a sheer coverage, however it tints the lips with a peachy glaze and adds a bit of shimmer, and just finishes off the look.


This is my go-to daytime look at the moment, if I’m rushing around to get to work, I’m confident that these 5 products can sort me out and make me look presentable. I think that the best way to get the best wear out of your makeup is to choose reliable products, and this lot (which range from drugstore to pretty pricey) are perfect. What products do you use in your 5 product makeup routine?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig