Sunday, January 25, 2015

Benefit Minis Review: Sunbeam, Posietint, Ooh La Lift & Dandelion




Here’s part two of my Benefit Funsize Flirts review! I reviewed the Primers in a recent post, and decided it was time to tackle the cheek products. I’m definitely a lover of ‘face’ makeup; so foundations and powders and blushes are definitely the things I get most excited about, and the range I got of little samples in my Benefit box were amazing.

Benefit Sunbeam
Let’s get this one out of the way. I really dislike Sunbeam. I don’t know if I’m using it wrong or what, but I can’t find a way to make it work for me or look good. It’s a liquid bronzer, which in theory sounds pretty cool, but unfortunately I can’t get my head around it. I apply foundation, then powder, then bronzer and blush, but with Sunbeam in the mix I get all muddled. I can’t apply it over powder because it goes gunky and horrible, but I can’t apply it before because the powder then blurs and covers it up. This isn’t a product I’d purchase the full size version of, unfortunately, and I know that this is a well loved Benefit product but I really didn’t get on with it I’m afraid!

Benefit Posietint
Posietint is similar to Sunbeam for me. Again, it’s a liquid product for the cheeks and lips but I struggle with the same problem as before. When do I put it on?! When it’s on the lips, I find it to be a bit shocking pink for me. Again, I wouldn’t bother picking this up from a Benefit counter in its full size. I don’t really understand these liquidy face products (I’m not a cream cheek product person either) so I’d give this one a miss in future. I’m glad I got to try a sample though, as I might have bought it had I not known I don’t get on with it!

Benefit Ooh La Lift
Enough of this negativity! Here are some products I actually liked! This is a creamy under eye brightener with light reflecting pigments which really works to wake me up. I love this one, and I’m actually gutted I’ve got so little as I do tend to reach for this most mornings. I like to dot this on my skin underneath the eyes over my foundation and blend it out with my finger. I immediately see a difference in the brightness of my complexion and I set it with a lighter powder to help it last longer. This is definitely one I’d like to pick up in the full size, and despite it being a little pricey, I love the effect it has on my tired skin in the mornings.

Benefit Dandelion
I’ve definitely saved the best until last here. It’s my favourite product from Benefit that I’ve ever tried. I love this beautiful girly peachy pink blush and it’s honestly the perfect shade for my skintone. It’s called a ‘ballerina pink’ and goes on sheer for a sweet tint of colour on the cheeks. I love how radiant it makes my skin look, and it blends out fabulously. Again, I’m gutted I got the teeny weeny sample size because I’m reaching for this one much more than even my beloved NARS Deep Throat at the moment! This is definitely one for the repurchase list and I’d be happy parting with the rather steep £23.50 to own the full size.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig