Sunday, October 25, 2015

Essie Nail Polish in Chinchilly





In all honesty, I feel like I might be cheating you a little bit here! As a chronic nail-biter until, well, summer 2015, I don’t feel like I’ve got any knowledge or authority whatsoever in nailcare. But, hey ho! I recently managed to kick my habit basically by keeping my nails painted and looking pretty. I’ve fallen in love with this little bottle of pure loveliness by Essie, and I wanted to share with you my thoughts.

Essie is a brand that probably everyone is familiar with. Yet I’ve never been a girl who collects nail colours, so I didn’t spend too much time around their shelves in Superdrug. My friend Emily Rose (Link),who is also a brilliant beauty blogger, recently recommended this shade as part of one of her favourites videos. I virtually skipped straight to the closest Superdrug to buy it for myself!

The shade is called ‘Chinchilly’ which is a very confusing colour if you ask me. It’s a really pretty cool-toned grey with hints of mauve, and also taupe. I’m assuming the name refers to the colour of a chinchilla, which the shade definitely resembles. As I said, it’s a cool toned polish, so I’m really loving it this autumn so far. I’ve had compliments on the shade, and I don’t think it’s too common a colour choice at the moment!

I picked mine up at Superdrug for £7.99, which to me seems a little bit ‘erk’ but for a girl who hasn’t invested in anything nail related ever, I don’t think it’s too bad. Essie has about a million beautiful shades, and I love how they last on my nails. The finish is great, too; if you apply 3-4 layers you get the same gel nail effect you are used to from the nail salon. A big thumbs up from me!

What’s your favourite Essie nail shade? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,

Jasmine x




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have to say, I'm a little bit obsessed with the Essie brand. Definitely my favourite for nail polishes! I love the "mademoiselle" and "not just a pretty face" shades!

    Elizabeth x
    Store . Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig