Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Stay All Day Complexion Perfection




Few things make me happier than face products. I’m so much more of a ‘lose my mind over a concealer’ girl than a ‘freaking out about a new lipstick’ girl. Face products have the power to make you completely and utterly flawless, hide your blemishes and help you accentuate what you love. I decided to share with you my current flawless face base that stays all day for total complexion perfection.

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
MAC’s primer base is probably my favourite primer (and definitely the one I remember to wear the most) because it somehow smooths and calms your skin making it an idea base to slather all sorts of products onto. You can actually feel your skin turn velvety and soft, and it visibly calms the redness of my spots. I’ve got no idea how it works, but the silicone gel formula softens and prepares your skin for a bombardment of lotions and potions, and really helps them to stay all day. You can pick this primer up from MAC for £21, and it is well worth the investment, especially for nights out!

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
This is without a doubt my holy grail concealer, and an everyday product for me. I like to put this on before my foundation, and although there’s always been a bit of a debate as to which you apply first, I find that it blends out nicely underneath my foundation and conceals any spots/dark circles/redness much better when applied first. It’s a long wearing formula, and never creases or melts or goes dry-looking. I bought this in the middle of winter, so it’s a little pale for me now, so putting it under my foundation helps to keep it looking like my skintone. This is the ultimate in stay all day coverage, and is so thick and creamy it conceals any hideous spot I might currently be rocking. This one retails for £17.50, not bad for MAC!

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation
My newest MAC addiction and my latest favourite foundation. Usually I go for drugstore foundations for my everyday makeup, but this one is affordable enough (£22) to be my everyday foundation and it provides me with totally flawless coverage. After falling out of love with my Studio Fix foundation by MAC for being so gluey and awful, I really vowed never to use a MAC foundation again until I stumbled across this beauty. It’s really versatile; I can buff on a light layer for a smooth, natural, even skintone with my freckles (which Chris loves) still showing through. Or I can really layer it on for a totally flawless, photoshopped face. Either way, the way this foundation lasts all day has me swooning and carrying it around with me permanently.

MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation
Another of my holy grails is on this list! My MAC Powder has been constantly on my  repurchase list since the first time I tried it. It’s a super duper pigmented and mattifying powder which sets your foundation to perfection, and also adds a layer of coverage. My skin does look pretty lovely after I apply this, and it helps with oil control during the day too. I tend to get pretty oily around the sides of my nose and on my chin, but it’s significantly less gross when I use this powder. It’s £22 at MAC and my absolute favourite powder product for all-day wear.

And there you have it! These are my secrets to total complexion perfection and an all day (or night!) flawless skin base. I have always found that you get what you pay for with makeup quality, and even though I do love my drugstore products, the lasting finish of these products are at a much higher quality and I feel fabulous and princessy all day.

What are your favourite face base products? Did I miss any products that you’d recommend? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig