Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Wishlist 2015


It’s that time of year! Time to start writing your Christmas cards, buying mince pies and sipping mulled wine by the fire (or in my case, a little radiator in my student flat building). Christmas is one of my favourite ever times of year; a time where everything is a little more luxurious, and you have to wrap up warm and amble around the shops all day looking for thoughtful gifts for your loved ones! I thought I’d put together a little list of what I’m hoping to see wrapped up under the tree for me this year.
MAC Whirl Lipstick | £15.50 | Link
This lipstick has had me running around in circles for months now. It keeps seeming to escape my clutches! My local MAC doesn’t ever seem to have it in stock (probably because it’s *that* infamous Kylie Jenner staple shade), but even so, it’s a beautiful dark 90’s twist to the classic brownish, pinkish nude. It simply must be mine!
Newlook 915 Dressing Gown | £14.99 | Link
This is the cutest little find I’ve become obsessed with after seeing it in one of my fellow blogger’s Winter favourites blog posts; a snuggly little eggshell blue-grey dressing gown with cute ears. I don’t care if I’m twenty. I want a dressing gown with ears on! It’s from the teen section which is handy for us petite girls because the prices are often half that of the usual sizes, and you get much cuter styles.
Doc Martens | £100 | Link
I’ve done the impossible and absolutely battered my adored Docs into the ground, and I should probably start thinking about replacing them. I’m certainly NOT looking forward to the breaking-in process, but I really can’t live without my boots. I’m sure you don’t need further banging on about how wonderful these boots are, but everyone needs a pair because they add an edge to every outfit and make you look like you’re not one to be messed with.
Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation | £23.50 | Link
After sampling a sample (see what I did there?) from Benefit about 6 months ago, I’ve been dying to purchase a full size version of this foundation. Seriously; it’s beautiful. It’s airy, light, fresh, weightless, and on top of all that, a perfect match to my skin. I managed to squeeze about 4 uses out of my tiny sample bottle, and my heart broke a little bit when it ran out. However, Christmas is the time to ask for these cheekier, pricier makeup bits, so hopefully if I bat my eyelashes a bit I can unwrap this on Christmas morning!
 
Instax Mini 8 Polaroid Camera | £60 | Link
I know I’m not the only one who has been craving one of these for years now. I first spotted these in Australia where they were being sold for a cool $200AUD, and now they’ve come down to around £60-70 depending on where you buy them from. They’re such cool, girly gadgets and I just think that any moment captured with a polaroid is a million times more special and a million times prettier!
Topshop Lingerie | £36  | Link
I doubt my grandma will be shopping for these for me, but nevertheless, this might be a great one to hint at my boyfriend for. Topshop lingerie melts my heart and I’ve always got the weakest spot for their matching sets and bodies. This teal set with cage detail instantly grabbed my attention but unfortunately it is a little on the pricey side; but obviously it would be. Have you SEEN the detail and the softness and the prettiness and the satin-ness?!
NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder | £26.50  | Link
Just because NARS is my favourite makeup brand ever and always slightly out of my reach, I wanted to slip this onto my list. I’ve already given mum the hint that this is a firm favourite for me, and I think she’s heard that loud and clear. This incredibly finely milled powder sets the makeup for a flawless, oil-free look all day. It also actively makes the skin look more radiant and luminous but doesn’t add any coverage so you can avoid that cakey look.
Bodycon Black Dress | £5 | Link
I found this black bodycon jersey dress on Ebay a while back, and even though it’s cheap as chips and I know I’d wear it all the time, I haven’t got around to buying it for myself yet. Bodycon dresses are great on petite girls for either an easy day time look, or with heels for a sleek nighttime look. I have a couple of bodycon dresses but they’re either patterned or a little bit fancy, so a plain staple LBD is just what I need this Christmas!
Origins Charcoal Face Mask | £23 | Link
The things I’ve heard about this little beauty! It seems that whatever way you turn on the bloggersphere you’re smacked in the face by the Origins brand which boasts ‘high performance natural skincare’. My attention was grabbed by the charcoal face mask, which cleanses deep down to the pores and leaves your skin looking smooth and clear, all without any chemical nasties! Origins says “Activate Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental pollutants, Lecithin dissolves impurities.” Need I say more? I need this mask! Hint hint, family members!
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu | £19 | Link
It would seem all my dreams have been answered in the form of a lip pencil from NARS. I’ve got a whole bunch of these from last Christmas, and I can confirm they’re one of the most high quality, beautifully pigmented and luxurious products on the market. You can watch my NARS Lip Pencil Swatch Video here! (Link) Velvet matte lip pencils are so smooth, opaque and totally matte; they feel like suede on the lips. Train Bleu is a gorgeous merlot/aubergine shade; dark and moody and perfectly grungy. For £19 I know I’d get such a load of wear out of this, so hopefully Santa is feeling generous!
What’s on your Christmas list this year? Do we have any items on here the same? Let me know in the comments!
Lots of love
Jasmine
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig