Sunday, January 10, 2016

Beauty Goals For 2016


Stop sleeping in my makeup
This is a huge one for me, and probably the root cause of all my skincare issues! Sometimes I’m far too exhausted or far too ‘refreshed’ to remember to take off my makeup before bed, and I wake up looking like a panda with gunk in my eyes and clogged up pores all night. Ugh. It’s a terrible habit to have, and although it isn’t every night, I get noticeably more spots and skin problems when I’ve been too lazy to remember! I’m equipped with makeup wipes and micellar water, and from now on, there’ll be no more gross sleeping in my full face of makeup!

Discover at least three new brands I love
By ‘discover’, I actually mean own. I know of loads and loads of brands I’d love to try. At the moment, they’re Charlotte Tillbury, the balm and Anastasia Beverley Hills. I’ve had my beady eye on a few of their products for a while now, but 2016 is the year to actually get my paws on them and try them out for myself. I’ve done a lot of sticking to the same, comfy brands I’m familiar with, so now it’s time to treat myself and step away from my comfort zone, and maybe even find a new holy grail product or two?


Stick to a skincare routine
Although I adore my La Roche Posay Effalcar 3-step anti blemish system, it is a slight chore for me to remember to do it every night. I spend a lot of time at my boyfriend’s too, so carting around three bottle of lotions and potions isn’t all that easy when I’m on the move. Sometimes, my skincare routine is simply ‘wake up, have skin, get in bed’, but that’s not good enough for my oily skin which clearly needs a little bit more daily care. Time to devise an easy on-the-go skincare routine which will cleanse and nourish my face before bed each night, and stick to it!


Wash my makeup brushes more
I know I’m relating to half the beauty blogging community when I say this, but washing makeup brushes is the world’s biggest hassle. Especially when you’ve got a collection of over 40 brushes.I’d love to invest in one of those soap bars for makeup brushes, which apparently halves the time it takes to clean your makeup brushes. I’m well aware of the bacteria and general ickiness which lives in your makeup brushes after a few weeks of not washing them, so I’m going to stick to a fortnightly routine and force myself to do it!

Conquer false eyelashes!
Having tried (and failed) in the past to wear false eyelashes, this is something I’d love to revisit and have another go at. I think falsies look absolutely lovely and fluttery and can change a makeup look completely. Especially for special occasions, I think false eyelashes are so glam and pretty. Perhaps not for everyday wear, but even so, I’d love to be able to confidently stick a pair on to feel extra beautiful!


What are your beauty goals of 2016? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,

Jasmine x


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Yes to washing make up brushes! It seems to be something I always put off or just forget to do. I'm also a little weary of trying new brands and it's probably something I should try and change.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh it's such a hassle washing brushes! Someone needs to invent a wonder product to make it easier! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like your beauty goals and I think it's really easy to sometimes forget that even writhin beauty we should still strive for something. Also if I may suggest, The Balm has a palette called In the Balm of your hand which is a compilation of their bestsellers all in one palette. I have a review on it and it was the first thing that I tried from them and now I am hooked haha.

    Feel free to check out my blog also :)

    Claudia | www.maximalista.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much for your recommendation! I'll check that review out now, thanks lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. Great goals! I've only ever slept in my makeup a couple of times but waking up afterwards feels awful! Definitely worth getting into a good routine to set your skin up the right way. I love that you want to try new brands. I've only tried two products from Charlotte Tilbury (one being limited edition) but can highly recommend the Filmstar Bronze & Glow! I've only tried The Balm's Mary LouManizer, but love that too! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig