Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Holy Grail Foundation For Flawless Skin





It’s not very often these days that I get to treat myself to a new foundation. On a student budget, even drugstore foundations seem a bit steep. So, when my mum sent me a Very.co.uk voucher, I knew immediately what I wanted to splurge on. High end foundations are the rarest of the rare of luxuries for me, with my only other luxury foundation in my collection being my staple NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (which I try to save for ‘special occasions’). So, it was Illamasqua’s Skin Base Foundation I had my eye on! I absolutely hate buying foundation online because there’s no way to know which shade you’re purchasing, so I took a gamble and went for shade 03, which looked pale and milky on the website and seemed to be closest resembling my pale winter skintone. When it arrived, I was ecstatic!

The packaging it awesome, I love the abstract shape of it, and I think it looks so sleek and almost art-deco in my makeup collection. Only problem is, it seems like it’s going to be the biggest pain in the bum to get all the product out at the end. It’s quite difficult to squeeze and so I’m sure I’m going to be hacking the tube open with some scissors to get every last drop of foundation out.

Now, actually moving on to the foundation itself. The words milky, soft and luxurious spring to mind. The foundation, with quite a thin consistency and a light feel on the skin, is so easy to blend. I use my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki, and it basically melts into my own skin. The shade match is absolutely perfect for my pale winter skin, and when summer rolls around (if I’ve got any of this foundation left) I can easily bronze it up a little with a powder. The pigmentation is exactly what I look for in a foundation. It is light enough to layer on ever-so-slightly, and it can have the same look as a BB cream if you’re very soft with it, but then you can layer it up for a fuller coverage. I’ve begun to embrace my freckles recently, so a foundation which can be applied quite sheer over my cheeks, but built to a thicker coverage on my chin and forehead is a must. Illamasqua does it so well!

This foundation retails at £32.50, so it’s definitely one of your more luxurious makeup spends. I’d wince at spending that amount normally, but after feeling so weightless and luminous after using my new absolute favourite, holy grail foundation. I genuinely don’t have anything negative (besides a little whinge about the annoying packaging) about this foundation. So, if you’re after a flawless complexion, then I’d 100% recommend this foundation!

Have you tried Illamasqua before? What’s your favourite holy grail foundation?

Lots of love,

Jasmine x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Do you have any recommendations based on skin tone? Do you think this would work for oily/combination skin? I have had my eye on this foundation for ages.

    Kiran | www.alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got oily/combination skin too, and this foundation seems to compliment it quite well. Although it's got a milky texture, it settles beautifully on my skin and I set it with a matte powder, and it does stay all day! I hope this helps! x

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig