Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pastel Pink Mermaid Hair With Crazy Color*





Last week I was contacted by Kelly from Crazy Color, an incredibly popular and diverse hair colour brand and asked if I’d be willing to feature one of their dyes on my blog in the run up to Valentines Day! I’m super duper excited because this is the first big brand that’s ever got in touch with me, and as a lover of Crazy Colour for over a year now, it’s really exciting to have been chosen to work with them!

The colour I was sent is Candyfloss, a pastel, baby pink. It’s incredibly beautiful, and it’s actually the exact shade I dyed my hair pastel pink with last summer, so I already know how much I love it. I’ve absolutely always lusted after pastel hair; so far I’ve tried baby pink and lilac, but there’s many more I’d be dye-ing (ha, punny!) to try out.

For those of you new to pastel hair, the key thing is to start out with white bleached hair. This will ensure the colour of the dye transfers accurately to your hair. If you apply it to golden blonde or dirty blonde hair, the colour will be affected and won’t come out the way you pictured. Unfortunately (and I know it’s expensive!) it’s much better to play the long game, and have pale blonde healthy-ish hair, rather than trying to wing it. I applied my Candyfloss directly onto dry hair. I know it says to apply it to wet hair but I like the fact that the colour comes off more vibrant when you apply it to dry hair. If you’d like a softer shade, then follow the directions on the box. It’s really tricky dying your own hair, but you do get used to it after a while! I take 2-3 cm sections and try to really saturate it in dye, ensuring all the roots and ends are covered completely. Patchy isn’t the best look! I leave mine on for around half an hour, then rinse until the water runs clear and viola…the hair of a mermaid princess!

One of Crazy Color’s bottles isn’t quite enough to cover all of my medium/long hair, so luckily I had half a bottle lying around to save the day. I’d recommend grabbing a couple of bottles, just in case the application first time around isn’t as perfect as you’d like it to be, and just to be on the safe side so you don’t run out of dye halfway through! On the plus side, Crazy Color is really really affordable, so even a penniless student like me can afford it! I’m going to be keeping the pastel pink for a little while now, since I adore it so much and get so many compliments on it. That, and I can be a mermaid princess on Valentines!

What colour hair would you like to try? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

* The products mentioned in this blog post have been sent to me by the brand/its representatives for review/promotion. The views stated in the post are still accurate and represent my true opinions.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. wow your hair looks SO beautiful! I'm obsessed with the colour <3 x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig