Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A '90S TWIST ON THE CLASSIC NUDE LIP | MAC TAUPE




If anyone knows anything about me, it’s that I am in love with the 90s trend. Maybe it was SO 6 months go, but I’m still rocking the vintage adidas and the smoky eyes. I’ve got a growing collection of MAC 90s shades, and this is the latest! Taupe was a shade I first spotted when my flatmate from Bristol came home with it. It’s goooorgeous! It’s matte (tick!), flattering (tick!) and fits in beautifully with my grungey theme.

MAC’s website describes Taupe as a ‘Muted reddish-taupe brown’, which I’d agree with. It’s beautifully warm, woody shade that looks super sophisticated and slightly dressier than some of my other lipsticks. This is a great one for dinner out, or (speaking from experience) a job interview. As always with MAC mattes, it’s comfortable and velvety on the lips. I always set it with my Lipcote, just in case, and it stays on all day. It’s also amazingly easy tow overdraw your lips using this shade. With the help of a trusty lipliner (I use Whirl), it actually ends up looking pretty natural, yet my lips look a whole lot fuller.

I’m definitely planning an entire blog post featuring all my 90s shades, which I’m already twitching to take pictures for. I think that these shades really compliment my style, and they don’t wash out my pale skin. In fact, they really warm it up. I’m super happy I grabbed this one when I went for my big birthday shop!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love taupe! Its such an underrated product! Please do a post on all your 90s picks, would be perfect!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour on you! Stunning, people do not talk enough about this colour, I think if you love Velvet Teddy and Whirl and other cult Mac lipsticks you would love this too, great post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig