Friday, July 22, 2016

GREEN DETOX JUICE RECIPE




Recently I’ve been feeling really crappy about my weight and my body. Every 6 months or so, I’ll go on a massive health kick and bust out the juicer, the calorie-counter apps and head off to some fitness classes. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, and this time I’m reeeeally trying to make a habit of healthy eating and sustainable exercise in order to keep myself looking and feeling good.

I adore juicing. It’s a failsafe way of cramming loads of fruit and veg into my body and I feel so creative and excited to be creating all these different flavours and combinations in my kitchen. It’s super fun! And I’d recommend it to anyone who is a foodie, but is getting a little bit body conscious. Here’s the superfood detoxifying juice recipe that I’ve created this morning:

Makes 2 servings:
1 whole cucumber
¾ of a bag of washed kale
½ a pineapple
1 pear
2 gala apples
1 lime
1 whole broccoli

I basically slice all these up into juice-able pieces and chuck them though the juicer. Kale and broccoli are incredible detoxifying veggies, full of vitamins and iron. Cucumber is known for regulating blood pressure and is rich in magnesium and fibre. Pineapples, apples and pear adds to the delicious sweetness of the juice (it’s surprisingly drinkable despite the swampy colour) and of course, the fruits have vitamins galore and loads of natural sugars that boost energy. I’ve had the first round of my juice this morning, then I’ll be having the second serving for lunch at around 1:30pm. I can’t rate this juice enough!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I LOVE having a green smoothie for breakfast! I include protein powder in mine to up my daily intake- the flavours are sooo good, and help to drown out the kale/celery flavour!

    Claudia xx
    www.claudiawright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. clean up is a nightmare though! but 10/10 and I actually feel full!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig