Tuesday, August 16, 2016

MY INCREDIBLY LOVELY WEEK IN SCOTLAND


I had planned on taking my proper camera out with me every day on this trip and taking loads of artsy photos so we could get a really well put together blog post. I actually ended up spending most of my holiday inside whisky distilleries, so what we’ve ended up with is a load of grainy, blurry snaps from my iPhone. C’est la vie! I recently packed up and trotted off to Scotland with my boyfriend and his lovely family for a week at their lodge in Loch Lomond, then a few days in Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival. Now, back to reality and work and all things heinous, I’m writing this now to battle the holiday blues. Here are some of my favourite things we did!

Chris’s 21st birthday – We started my boyfriend’s birthday with a prosecco breakfast, then a trip to Glasgow for shopping and pubs! I restrained myself impeccably, and managed not to buy anything for myself. Chris bought himself a couple of Adidas T shirts and some Nike Free Runs. We then had a huuuge dinner with too much alcohol, then got the train back to Balloch back to the lodge.

The hotel – Cameron House on Loch Lomond is honestly one of the most beautiful, grand, gothic places I’ve ever stayed in. It’s huge! Then, it’s got a huge gym, a spa, a golf course, a plane that lands on the loch, fountains, and a really great pool. Seriously, just Google it and cry because I’m not there anymore.

Glengoyne Whisky Distillery Tour – what would a trip to Scotland be without a distillery thrown into the mix? Glengoyne Distillery offers tours with complimentary whisky along the way. It’s a picturesque little distillery with waterfalls and ponds and the tour was fascinating. As was the gift shop.

Edinburgh Fringe – Oh. My. Lawd. Fringe fest is one of the most amazing experiences ever. We only spent three days in Edinburgh, but the atmosphere is incredible and the amount of things to do is unbelievable. We went to comedy shows, magic shows, improv, music, we watched countless buskers and I even had my mind read onstage by some wizard-like mind reader. I’ve not felt so inspired in a long time; all the young artists and creativity in one place was mesmerising.

FOOD – Okay, I’ll just lay it down for you. I ate about 4x my own bodyweight in sausages, burgers, Kurdish food, haggis, neeps and tatties. Until about a year ago, I thought haggis was a bird. I tried it for the first time on this holiday, and it was actually really lush. I don’t know whether to feel shame or literally petition the UK government to make haggis a compulsory item on every menu. Help.

All in all, I had a fantastic time. I’m so sad I’m home! On the bright side, the countdown to Reading is underway!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love Scotland, it's without a doubt one of my favourite places in the worlds. Sounds like you had a great time, I'm dying to go to Fringe.


    Jess
    alrightblondie.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig