Sunday, August 14, 2016

NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM | LIP SWATCHES



 


I’m suffering with a seeerious case of the holiday blues after my incredibly lovely week in Scotland. But, that’s nothing a few new treats can’t help (I think). With NYX stands popping up all over the UK in Boots stores *finally!*, I’ve been eyeing up their Soft Matte Lip Creams and furiously googling swatches to try and decide on which shades I wanted.

At £5.50 a pop, they’re not making any sort of dent in your bank balance and they’re absolutely adored by most people that have tried them. I eventually settled on London and Stockholm, two nudey shades that look almost identical in the tubes, but are distinctly different and ever so pretty when actually slapped on my face.

London is a cool, beige nude which is something I usually run screaming from (I live in constant fear of the dreaded foundation-lips). However, it looked so pretty when I was searching for lip swatches, so I decided it was worth a try. It’s actually surprisingly flattering and just dark enough so that you can see the outline of my lips. It’s creamy, velvety and as the name would suggest, feels super duper soft on my lips.

As for Stockholm, it is pink!!!! For those of you who regularly read my blog or follow me on instagram, you’ll know I’m not your stereotypical ‘pretty pink princess’ and I generally avoid pink with my life. Sure, I have dabbled with pastel pink hair but in a TOTALLY GRUNGE AND IRONIC WAY Okay gUYS. I’m certainly not used to a pinky nude, but Stockholm is too beautiful to resist. It’s very natural and could actually be the colour of my lips. Again, the formula is smooth and creamy beyond compare.

Bonus points to these lipsticks for being easy to remove! I usually have to whip out the industrial strength sandpaper and a bottle of bleach to remove matte liquid lipsticks. Granted, these don’t actually claim to be liquid lipsticks, but the finish is similar and the results are fab. I will just give the obligatory watch out for oily foods spiel as a side note. These lip creams aren’t bulletproof, and they will certainly need touch ups after hurling pizza into your mouth at 80mph.

Have you tried these NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams? What did you think?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ooh this is such a perfect post for me because i have been eyeing up these exact two shades on the nyx stand for SO long! I will have to check them out now- they sound and look incredible x

    http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig