Friday, September 2, 2016

READING FESTIVAL | 2016


I may very well still be in the recovery stage of this festival; body aches, sleeping for at least 14 hours at a time, and black dust STILL coming out of my nose (please, STAHP), but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to tell everyone all about my incredible weekend. As much as I’d have loved to VLOG the weekend, there’s literally no way I’d be taking my camera, so we’ve just got these few snaps and your imaginations to work with.

Reading festival 2016 was beyond amazing. The tickets were my 21st birthday present from my mum in Australia, and she even threw in a hotel just to make the weekend that much more special. Also, praise Jesus for plumbing and a mattress every night! We stayed at The Crown at Playhatch, a beeeaaauuutiful 16th century inn with incredible views and a top notch breakfast menu. We were also lucky enough to get sunny days (bar one very rainy, very windy hour on the Sunday afternoon), so the shades and the factor 50 were swiftly whipped out.

The lineup was phenomenal! Chris is very into his heavy, evil, satan worshipping music, so there was always going to be plenty for him to see. Some of his favourites were Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Crossfaith, Deaf Havana and Twenty One Pilots. The thing I love about Reading, though, is that there’s something there for everyone. Someone with an eclectic a music taste as mine aaaalways has an amazing artist to see. My favourites were A$AP Rocky, The 1975 (yes, I saw them, I wept throughout), Die Antwoord, Boy Better Know, Hacktivist, Shikari Soundsystem (front row baby) and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, of course.

I spent far too much, and I’m still suffering beyond words, but I’m already saving for next year and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the unbelievably fantastic time I had with my partner in crime Chris. Did any of you guys go to Reading or Leeds this year?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig