Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TOP 5 PRODUCTS | BENEFIT COSMETICS



I’m doing a mini-series on my blog at the moment on my top 5 products from some of my favourite cosmetics brands! So far I’ve done MAC and NARS, and no we’re moving swiftly on to one of my new favourites. It is, of course, the beauty giant that is Benefit. Benefit Cosmetics has taken everyone’s eyebrows by storm, and I’m learning to love their quirky names, pretty packaging, even their eye-watering price tags. I’ve grown quite a healthy collection of Benefit products, ranging from skincare to base products and their infamous brow products, and I must say, they’re becoming every day staples because I love them so much. Here are my top 5 faves!

Benefit Cosmetics That Gal Primer
I hold an unpopular opinion on Benefit primers. I frown upon PoreFessional and absolutely looove the underdog. That Gal Primer isn’t one that pops up that much when I read my favourite blogs, but it’s really one of Benefit’s hidden gems. It has a peachy pink pigment which brightens up even the dullest 6am complexion and keeps your base firmly attached to your face for hours.

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow
As most of you guys will know, I’m pretty useless at this whole ‘brow game’ thing. As much as I might like those squared off brows and high arches, it just doesn’t happen for me. The best I can do is comb my bushy brows into submission and coat them in a setting gel. However, Benefit’s Gimme Brow really changed everything for me. It’s a thickening fibre gel, and totally fool-proof. I get thick, set brows in a matter of seconds and it takes literally zero effort or talent.

Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara
This was the first product I ever tried that Benefit sells. Was it because their marketing campaign was everywhere I turned with the woman with the huuuuge chest? Was it that reviews were being practically forced down my throat? Who knows, who cares. This mascara is genuinely fantastic. From its weird shaped brush to the thickening, lengthening formula.

Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash
Despite They’re Real’s cult following, I prefer its slightly retro cousin; Rollerlash. Not only is the packaging far more appealing to me, the wand is also better suited to my eye shape, but the formula works better to achieve the type of mascara style I like too. The wand acts like a hair roller, so your lashes are visibly curled and have a classic, feminine feel to them. No spider lashes for me!

Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Brightening Makeup Foundation
This is my newest Benefit discovery, and certainly one of the best. I lose my mind much more quickly over a new base product, rather than a new lipstick or an eyeshadow. This foundation is dewy, radiant and natural looking. I buff it in with my trusty Zoeva Buffing Brush, and if I’m feeling like a light, sheer day then I’ll only have to squeeze a little bit out. If I want to go full glam, I’ll just build it up. The finish of this foundation is second to none, and it actually really reminds me of my ultimate Holy Grail NARS Sheer Glow! I’d recommend this to anyone who loves a dewy finish.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I need to try more from Benefit because everything sounds fab!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never ever found someting by them I didn't like. Frustrating, but amazing!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE BENEFIT products, everything I've tried from them has been amazing so I will have to try all of these out <3 fab post lovely x

    http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't tried this foundation, probably grabbed everything else. Gimme Brow is amazing, don't know why I didn't try it earlier. It's so effortless! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. effortless is the perfect way to describe it, I won't ever use anything else!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig