Tuesday, October 11, 2016

THE PALETTE TO END ALL PALETTES | NUDE DUDE BY THEBALM



If I’ve learned one thing since starting blogging and YouTubing about all things beauty, it’s that I possess zero will power when it comes to nude eyeshadow palettes. The Naked Palette by Urban Decay served as the gateway drug, and ever since, I’ve been obsessed with palettes that have pretty taupes, browns and beiges for me to play with. To be honest, I probably never need to buy another nude eyeshadow palette again in my entire life, but is that going to stop me? Hell to the no. I picked up this palette for my 21st birthday when I went out to spend far too much money on pretty things, and I’ve loved using it for a good few months now.

The palette is by theBalm; one of my newest discoveries and I’m falling head over heels in love with them. Most people know theBalm for their infamous Mary-Lou highlighter, but I think that their eyeshadow palettes deserve much more of a cult following. The Nude Dude palette is incredibly versatile and wearable, and has a fandabbydozy range of shades. There are a couple of pale nudes, some toasty pinks and mauves, and some rich bronzes and browns. So, pretty much every colour a nude-lover could ever wish for.

£30 is slightly steep for a high-street palette, but you get a whopping twelve shades in return for your hard-earned dollar. You get a brush as well, but as many of you will know, I’d rather gouge my eyeballs out with a teaspoon than use a brush that comes included with a palette. I don’t know why, but I’ve got an irrational snobbiness when it comes to them, and I’ve not used one that I’ve liked ever.

My favourite shades are Firm, Flirty, Funny and Fierce. The names of the shades are super duper cringe-worthy, but the shades themselves are nothing short of dreamy. The shimmer shades in the palette really do steal the show; pigmented, blendable and long lasting. I’ve been able to use this for both day and night-time looks, which is an absolute must for me when perusing new eyeshadow palettes. I really do have a lot of love for theBalm lately, and this palette is just intensifying my love for them. There’s a few bits by them on my list, so hopefully they’ll carry on impressing me.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The shade range of this palette looks very very lovely.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig