Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SANCTUARY SPA COVENT GARDEN SKINCARE HAUL





When I went home to Devon for Christmas, I managed to forget to bring any form of skincare whatsoever. A huge makeup bag, yes, but no means of removing the makeup or caring for my skin at all. Massive fail. Or was it? It actually gave me a good reason to splurge on some new bits and pieces. I decided to try Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden’s skincare range, as it’s been featured on plenty of my favourite blogs, and it seems like they have their own version of all my skincare faves.

The Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser from their ‘Cleanse’ range was the first thing I grabbed. I’m a huuuge Liz Earle lover and her hot cloth cleanser changed my life, so I figured this one would be worth a shot. It costs £10 and can be found in Boots in their premium skincare section. I like the bottle; a squeezy bottle always makes me feel pretty good about getting all the product out of the bottle itself. It also comes with its own cloth, which makes life easy. The only thing with this is, I really don’t like the smell. It’s sort of orangey and liquoricey, and when it is warm, it definitely has a weird tinge to its smell. Aside from the smell, it’s a great hot cloth cleanser. My sensitive skin feels clean and not dry or over-cleansed, which is amazing.

Then I chose the 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask which also costs £10. I’ve had my beady eyes on this for aaaages and, as many of you will know, I’m a bit of a mask fiend, so I couldn’t resist. It’s a dark grey charcoal mask that warms up as you massage it onto your face. I’ve only used a couple of warming masks in the past, but I really love this one. I’m not 100% sure if it has had an effect on my spots so far, but it says that it draws out impurities for purified skin. I’ll keep an eye on my skin’s progress over the next few weeks. I’ve been a bit naughty with forgetting to take off my makeup over Christmas, so I definitely feel like my skin needs a detox.

The last thing I chose was the ever-so pricey £17.50 Revitalising Super Serum. This is the strangest product of the bunch; the one I can’t quite work out whether it is a friend or a foe. It aims to reduce uneven pigmentation and dark spots, and to help illuminate the skin for a radiant look. I’ve only used it a couple of times, and so far I’d give it a 6/10. It feels gorgeous to wear, but rather hilariously, Chris turned to me in Costa and asked if I was “meant to be looking like a mirror?” My skin was apparently so shiny, he thought it was deliberate. Not my finest hour, and certainly made me feel less virtuous about my makeup free day. Perhaps this works better as a base? Or maybe an overnight serum? My skin does produce a lot of oil by itself, so maybe it gets overloaded with all the powerful goodness in this serum. I’ll try out a few different ways of wearing it and keep my blog updated with it!

Have you ever tried Sanctuary Spa’s Skincare range? What were your experiences?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig