Wednesday, January 4, 2017

WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS 2016


I had the best Christmas ever! I got to spend it with my little sister who came over to visit me from Australia (ok, she’s not that little. She’s twenty), and saw my extended family who live all across England. It was an incredibly busy time for me, and really quite emotional to put her back on her plane last week, but hey ho! Time flies, and it won’t be long until next Christmas when we can all spend time together again!

On top of hanging out with the McRae Clan, I was also spoiled rotten with presents this year. I’ve managed to photograph a selection of them above but, you know what it’s like when half the chocolate you were gifted just randomly disappears and socks get worn immediately, then proceed to get lost. So, here are the ones I could track down, and probably the ones I’m most excited about!

I received the ENTIRE Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection. Real Techniques are one of my favourite brush brands, and I almost did a little wee when I saw this collection released. Then I actually DID wee when I saw the price tag on them, so I never managed to get them into my collection, until now! These were from my Mum who, if you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know, always goes above and beyond to send me little presents throughout the year, and bloody huge ones on Christmas and birthdays! She also sent me some Christmas money which I went a bit mad with; a MASSIVE H&M shopping spree, lots of new high street beauty bits, and a NEW TATTOO!

I also got a whole bunch of Stila goodies from my Mum. There’s a limited edition Liquid Lipstick Collection there, plus a Stila Set with Mascara, Eyeliner, another Liquid Lipstick and a Cheek and Lip Tint included. Excuse me while I go and drool over it. The Liquid Lipstick is in the shade Dolce and looks like it’s gonna change the game. I was also lucky enough to get my hands on Lime Crime’s Salem Liquid Lipstick, a shade I’ve been lusting after for the longest time. I actually think Lime Crime is the worst company ever, and that Doe Deere is a douche, but there’s no denying the prettiness of this particular liquid lippy.

My beautiful boyfriend Chris who rather surprised infuriated me by shaving his beard off over Christmas, made up for his errors somewhat in buying me a goooorgeous new Adidas Originals T Shirt. XL, of course, so I can wear it as a massively oversized dress (and probably so he can borrow it too.) He also got me a bunch of PS2 games – yes, PS2 - and has ordered me the Kat Von D Light And Shade Palette which I’m dying over.

Dad gave me some Christmas Spending money so I bought myself quite a few items with that. The only one I could track down, though was this MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in NC15 which I’m DYING to give another chance. I’ve been using NW20 for aaaages, and obviously that’s not my colour, so I went to get matched again, and HOPEFULLY I like using the foundation this time! I also got a pair of chunky strappy boots which you have to see to believe, but they're fabulous beyond words and will be coming to an OOTD post near you soon! 

I also got the best present ever; the one I never knew I needed. The GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser is a Mud-To-Foam cleanser. AND. IT. IS. AMAZING. I’ve used it a few days now, and it’s so incredible. It makes my skin feel all menthol-y and, I wish I could describe the whole mud-to-foam concept to you, but words fail me. It’s basically amazing. It’s the best thing.

Well, actually, getting to be with my sister after two years was the best Christmas gift ever. I’ve had such an amazing time over the past couple of weeks, and I’m really dreading going back to uni! I’m excited to get back into blogging after taking a mini-break from it to focus on my family, and so far, 2017 has been pretty good to me!

I hope you all had an incredible Christmas and a Happy New Year! If you wrote a what-I-got-for-christmas blog post, do leave a link so I can come and snoop!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas doll, and you got some amazing things! I got my housemate that Stila liquid lipstick set in the nude version, but I'm secretly mad I didn't keep it for myself...


    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig