Monday, February 27, 2017

DAMNED + BOW N ARROW | NEW KAT VON D LIQUID LIPSTICKS





YAAAAAY MORE LIQUID LIPSTICKS TO ADD TO MY OBSESSIVE COLLECTION! I’ve got a problem; I’m gonna hold my hands up and say now that I can’t even enter a store or scroll through a beauty website without wanting to add about twelve liquid lippies to my basket. Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks have been on my radar for about six months. Six looong months. And now I own two!

I decided that I wanted to go for the really popular cult-faves that have been teasing me on Instgram: Bow ‘n’ Arrow and Damned. I’m almost certain you’ll have heard of these shades before, just because they’re so beautiful and are being adored by some of my favourite bloggers and YouTubers.

Damned is a bloody, gory, black-red shade that I absolutely adored when I looked up swatch posts. It’s a perfect vampy red, and one I can see myself wearing for special occasions and nights out. HOWEVER, there’s an issue. I’m not so sure if the pictures show it, but this formula is quite runny and quite thin. It took me a long time to get it to look even, but luckily, I managed, and I do love the colour.

Bow ‘n’ Arrow is a peachy, beige nude. It’s beautiful beyond words, and I like it so much more than I expected to. It’s paler than the nudes I usually reach for. I normally choose a deeper brownish nude, so I wasn’t really expecting to be slapping it on on a daily basis. This one is super opaque and long-wearing, and I really REALLY LOVE IT CAN YOU TELL?!?!

There’s a couple of little things that do irk me slightly about KVD’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. The wands are HELLA long. Like, I feel like I’m trying to apply the lipstick from about a foot away from my face. It’s hard to get used to, as I’m so used to applying liquid lippies with the standard, shorter wands. I’m working on it, though, and it’s getting slightly more manageable.

The other thing is that I do find these liquid lipsticks to be quite drying. I know that there are many liquid lipsticks that DO dry the lips (it’s more usual than not, I think!) but these felt particularly chalky and seemed to make my lips feel super duper chapped. I try not to wear these shades when I know my lips are already quite dry (aka always), and I do make a real effort to moisturise the absolute crap out of my lips overnight so I can wear them the next day.

Having said this, there’s definitely a few more shades of the Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks on my wishlist. I love the look of Lolita, Exorcism and Witches and hopefully they’ll be sliding through my letterbox in the near future.

Lots of love,

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig