Friday, March 31, 2017

ROSE GOLD OVAL BRUSHES | REVIEW


I’m a sucker for an Instagram-hyped-product. I’ve tried applying my foundation with a condom (gross), I’ve tried eyeliner stencils (crap), and now I’ve finally got around to reviewing the Oval Brushes I received for Christmas. I’m a slave to the wisdom of my favourite bloggers and YouTubers, and whatever they love, I end up blindly adding to my birthday and Christmas lists.

I unwrapped my Oval Brush Set on crimbo morning (Jesus, am I still reviewing Christmas gifts?!?) and I was reeeeally excited. Like, I nearly spilled my prosecco and choked on my Lindt Lindor. There’s around ten brushes in the set, and since it was from the WISH app, it cost less than £10. I had asked for a cheaper set; I’m a true believer in trying a cheaper version before splurging on a real thing. So, at £1 per brush, it’s a pretty good deal.

Out of the ten brushes, five are larger sized and the other five are, well, an eclectic and random mix of smaller shapes.

I’ll start off by saying that I love the look of these brushes as a set. They’re sleek and feature a pretty rose gold accent on the handle. It’s only when you actually try using them that you get a bit…confused.

The larger 5 brushes are pretty good. They apply foundation nice and smooth, concealer goes on well and blends out nicely. Powder application with these brushes is a little patchy, but it works.

The smaller 5 brushes are a mess. They are so random and stupidly shaped and I’ve got no idea what on earth they’re for. I did a first impressions video over on my YouTube channel (that I’ll link down below!) and I ended up just giving up. I am so baffled and annoyed by the useless smaller brushes that I’d quite like to set them on fire and do a sacrificial dance in my pants.

There’s been a few blogger-recommended products that I’ve ended up absolutely adoring; the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. THEN, there are a few that get an “…ehhh..”.

Or maybe an “..ehh..” is a little harsh. I’d probably give this Oval Brush set a 5/10 overall. Worth a buy if you’re wanting to try them out, but beware on splashing ALL the cash straight away!


Lots of love,
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Loving these brushes and loved your video! I just subbed you on youtube as you are amazing! I am on youtube as well :) Left you a comment on your video as well :D

    xx Nicola
    www.morningelegance.de

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig