Tuesday, April 11, 2017

H&M + PRIMARK SPRING HAUL



Spring is springing! The sun is out, I’m shaving my legs again, and the ceremonious swap from vanilla lattes to ICED vanilla lattes has happened! While I was sitting at the bus stop last week (with my fingers shivering because I’d ordered an iced latte even though it was too cold to really warrant one) and realised I’d had my final pay from my old job. It was a little bit more than I was expecting, so I quickly did that hot-potato thing that so many people do with money, and ran straight to the shops to spend it.


First, I nipped into H&M. I usually only like about 30% of H&M’s stuff, but it was worth a look. I noticed this beautiful crushed velvet crop camisole that cost £9.99. Then, shock, horror, I noticed it came in blue as well. I agonised for about 5 minutes, then ended up with the pink one anyway. This one is in an XS, and is still quite loose and airy. I’m in lurve. But I really might go back for the blue one soon…


Oh HELLO high waisted shorts! These little babies were only £12.99, and have a lot of stretch. The high waisted shorts I already own are very thick denim, and they generally cause a bit of trauma to my nether-regions which is certainly not cute. These ones are super-soft denim with plenty of stretch, so I have nothing but high hopes for the comfort of my lady-garden. They were also cheap as chips. Much to my dismay, they came from a section of H&M that the staff said “always comes up very small”. They weren’t kidding. I’m normally a size 8-10 on the bottom, and I ended up with a size 12. But still, they’re comfy and stretchy, and I’m looking forward to channelling ALLL the festival vibes.


Then I ducked into Primark for a quick browse. BUT, as humans of this earth, we know that there’s no such thing as a ‘quick browse’ in Primark. I made a beeline for the underwear section because I’ve been trying to get my hands on their gorgeous applique sets since the dawn of time. Yet again, the embroidered sets were out of stock, but I DID notice this beautiful burnt orange, coppery toned bralette and pant set. They’re lacy and beautiful and it has some detailing in a racerback style back. It also came in black, and how PROUD ARE YOU THAT I CHOSE THE COPPER VERSION INSTEAD OF THE BLACK ONE??? The bralette was £9 and the thong was £3, both are in a size S and are very true to size.

I’m so excited for the warmer weather now, and there’s nothing I love better than buying a few new bits for my wardrobe to reflect the changing weather. I’m planning a little trip to Bromley or Bluewater so I can check TopShop and Pull & Bear for some extra naughty bits when my student loan comes through.

Where are the best places for new Spring + Summer clothes? Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Lots of love,
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Such beautiful items! Love the crushed velvet top, gorgeous. Over from littleowlblogs.wordpress.com xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig