Saturday, April 15, 2017

SPRING MAKEUP BAG MUST-HAVES


Springtime calls for a little bit of a makeup bag re-vamp. Since I don’t want to haul around approximately seven tonnes of makeup around with me at all times, it’s time to ditch the wintery bits in favour of some pinkier hues. So, in celebration of the beautiful sunshine we had last weekend, here are my current spring makeup must-haves.

Naked 3 Palette / £39.50 / Urban Decay
This palette has always screamed warmth, floral-ly, girly, and pretty. The Naked 3 is perfect for this time of year, and it’s full of shades for any spring time occasion. As is always the case with anything UD throws out f their shops, it’s incredibly quality and has perfect pigmentation and payoff. This palette has lasted me about 4 years, so despite the pricetag, it’s worth your dollar.

Better Than Sex Mascara / £19 / Too Faced
This is the best product I’ve bought all year so far. It’s thickening, it’s volumising, it makes me feel like I might actually take off from the ground if I flutter my lashes too much. I reviewed this fully a week or so ago, and nothing has changed since then. I’m just a bit concerned about the fact that it seems to be running out quickly. To be fair, I’m using it every day, but if it runs out before I can afford a new one, I’ll be forced to throw myself off a bridge.

Unifiant / £16.50 / La Roche Posay*
This was the first product sent to me by a ‘proper’ brand! That’s not why I’m including it, however, I just think it’s pretty bloody wonderful. My first review of this was actually quite harsh and I hated it to begin with. I never used it because I wasn’t sure exactly what it was for. I’ve worked out now, that it creates a glowing base with a similar finish to a BB cream. It also works to minimise spots and marks while you’re covering them up. Perfect for warmer days and battling the melt-factor!

Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen / £6.99 / Revlon
Those of you who read my blog know that my life would be nothing without a liquid eye pen. I’m a slave to Soap & Glory’s Supercat, but I do dabble in other brands every now and again. I’m impressed with Revlon’s offering, because it’s hyperpigmented and stays black aaaaaall day. The point of the pen is also very pointy, meaning my cack-handedness can still do a pretty flick.

Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow / £17 / Kat Von D
Here’s my holy grail lip colour of the moment. It’s perfect for spring, rumour has it that it’s a Dolce K dupe, and it makes me feel really girly because it’s so different from a colour I usually choose. It’s still muted and nudey, but it’s paler than I’m used to and really quite pinky-peachy. I’m in love with the formula, even though it’s the slightest bit drying. I’ve been wearing this in about 99% of my instagram selfies lately, and there’s a recent swatch post on my blog too!

PoreFessional Primer / £24.50 / Benefit Cosmetics
When the weather is warm, my pores seem to turn into huge caves that want to sweat loads and collect dirt. It’s an attractive time, I can assure you. So, to combat this, Porefessional by Benefit is top of my need-list. It’s a silicone primer, so not only does it mattify my oil-slick of a face, it fills in my pores so my makeup doesn’t look crap. I’ve also noticed that, as long as I wash it all off properly, my pores stay relatively clear as dirt hasn’t been able to make itself at home in my face. Top notch!

Powder Blush in Blushbaby / £19.50 / MAC Cosmetics
We all love a new blush every now and again. For me, I don’t really change my blush-wardrobe up much. I’ve got about 5 to choose from. Ever. And they’re all pretty much the same colour (except the bright coral one from No7 that I’d rather set on fire than use). The latest blush I bought was Blushbaby by MAC, which is a sheertone blush. I chose it because it’s perfect for pale skin. It’s a very delicate shade, and very natural. Though, when I’ve got a bit of a tan (which I do after 4 days in the beautiful sunshine), it is buildable for a better colour payoff!

Having said all of this, I’m still struggling a bit with a few problems. My makeup seems to shift A LOT in the warm weather; partially due to oiliness and partially to do with the heat. As well as this, my lips are constantly dry and chalky feeling, no matter what lipbalm I splurge my cash on. And the worst thing? My Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser has about 1 use left in it. #pray4jaz. Any recommendations?

What are your springtime makeup bag must-haves? Let me know if there are any investments I need to make!

Lots of love,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig