Friday, May 12, 2017

BIRCHBOX | MAY 2017


It’s been about two years since my last Birchbox, and I felt like I was well overdue a surprise box of goodies. When I saw the lineup for this month, I nearly choked on my breakfast and swiftly placed the order. Birchbox is probably my favourite subscription box; I’ve seen a few of the others and I’m not usually very impressed. It costs a mere £12.95 and you are promised five beauty samples with each box. In all honesty, I’m not subscribed. I only ever order a box when the contents look good! So, here’s what I got this month…


Laura Mercier | Foundation Primer Radiance
YAAAAY! I ordered from Birchbox hoping that I’d receive this primer by Laura Mercier in this month’s parcel, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on it. There’s nothing worse than seeing all the other bloggers opening their great products, and then ending up with a box of shite for yourself, right? I’ve been dying to try this primer forever, but the £29 price tag is offputting, to say the least. I’m really excited to see how I get on with this!

Marsk | Mineral Eyeshadow (Full size) in Fifty Shades
This was the full-size product in May’s Birchbox. There was a choice between a pearly white shadow, or this charcoal grey shade. I couldn’t work out how you were meant to choose which one you wanted (or if you even could), but luckily I ended up with the dark shade that I wanted. I’ve never heard of Marsk before, but the eyeshadow does look quite good. Although, I don’t tend to reach for single eyeshadows because palettes are far more convenient.

Doucce | Punk Volumizer Mascara
Again, a brand I’ve not heard of before! Doucce’s little mascara sample promises a “ jumbo fibre wand to boost the volume and thickness of every lash”, which sounds quite promising. The brush is large and reminds me of my favourite mascara wands by Too Faced and Stila, so hopefully this little baby will measure up.



Whish | Firming Body Cream
What are you trying to say, Birchbox? I’m quite sceptical of body-firming creams, and they aren’t something I feel like I NEED yet. I’m nearly 22, but the years haven’t been too unkind to me, and I don’t feel particularly saggy or wobbly. I might try it out on my stomach and my bingo-wings, but I’m pretty sure that firming creams only really work over a long period of time, and I only have a miniature little tube of it. Hmm…

Beauty Protector | Protect & Volume
It’s a spray? For your..hair? I’m not quite sure, there’s not too much of a description on the little bottle. On the website, Birchbox says that this “sweet-smelling vegan formula adds volume and shine without parabens”, so I’m assuming it’ll jazz up my hair on special occasions. I’m impressed that it is vegan, and it’s nice to have at least one hair-care product in my box.

Benefit Cosmetics | They’re Real Trio
Birchbox had a special offer for new customers this month, with a set of three Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real products. There’s the They’re Real Mascara, Tinted Primer (wat?) and Makeup Remover. I’ve had the fullsize mascara before, but never seen the other two products, so I’m really excited about those. I’m sure I’ve read some really positive reviews about the Remover, but what on earth is the Tinted Primer about? I’ll have to have a play around with it, and I’ll be doing full reviews on each product when I’ve road-tested them!

Do you subscribe to a monthly beauty box? What’s your favourite?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig