Tuesday, May 23, 2017

FOTD | JOB INTERVIEW MAKEUP


Apparently there is a god smiling down upon me! I’ve been miserable lately because job hunting has been sucking my soul out, but a couple of weeks ago I got given the good news that I’d been offered a barmaid job in my new location in London! As I’m a student, working in a pub is exactly what I want to do over the summer. It’s fun, you meet people, you get to stay for drinks afterwards and you work with new friends. I’ve had the best couple of weeks since starting my new job; it’s been getting me out of the flat so I can’t mope about, and it’s giving me an excuse to make myself look pretty and gives me something to keep my mind occupied.

I wanted to show you the makeup I chose for my job interview. I wore this grey knitted TopShop cropped jumper with black high waisted tie waist culottes from New Look, and my old skool black Vans. It’s quite a laid back pub and so I didn’t have to suit-up to go and get grilled by the manager.

My Makeup:
Benefit Cosmetics PoreFessional
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville
Revlon ColourStay Concealer in Light
Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder
Soap & Glory Voluboost Brow Mascara in Talk Of The Brown
MAC Powder Blush in Taupe
MAC Powder Blush in Blushbaby
Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette – Shades Garter Belt and French Tickler
Soap & Glory Supercat
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
NYX Cosmetics Lip Lingerie in Embellishment

I was really happy when I found out I was successful. I’d been feeling really low after trying and failing to find work. But I’ve ended up working in the pub I’d really really wanted to work for! My workmates are all really lovely, and I’ve even been out a couple of times with them, and so it’s really helping me to settle in to our new area since moving in March.

If you’re struggling to find a job, don’t give up! I felt like giving up a few times, but I’ve ended up with a fantastic job in a lovely pub, and soon my first pay check will come through, and money will be an incredibly effective stress reliever (a spa day in central London then bottomless brunch, I’m looking at u).

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Congrats on getting the job you wanted! I really like the shade you're wearing on your lips!

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig