Saturday, May 27, 2017

SPRING NUDE LIQUID LIPSTICKS



There comes a time when your blood-red lipsticks just won’t cut it any more. A time when a peachy blush, a coat of mascara and a nude lip is all you need for a day’s full-face. Spring is firmly upon us, and I’m swapping out my blacks, browns and reds for girly nudes instead. These are my top 5 nude liquid lipsticks for spring on every budget.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London | £5.50
NYX’s liquid lipsticks are second to none, and this soft matte lip cream in London is suuuuper pretty and daytime appropriate. The only thing that irks me is the general slippery-slidiness of the formula; it slides around like a bugger and never really ‘sets’. Other than that, the shade is lovely and really understated.

Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Birthday Suit | £4.99
When I saw this online, it looked much more nude than it ended up being. Even though it is much pinker than I expected, I still really like it. The formula, although thin at first, sets really nicely and looks properly matte. As you can see from the swatch, it’s a little bit gloopy, but a steady hand will keep the lipstick looking even, and you’ll have lips looking rosy all day. It's also the most affordable of the bunch, and Sleek never disappoints on the quality of their lip products.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow | £17
This is definitely my favourite of the bunch. I’ve barely left the house without it since I bought it. It’s definitely the most ‘nude’ out of all of the lineup here, and I’m absolutely in love with the muted, beige undertones. It’s also the most opaque and easy to apply. The wand is a little long, which took me ages to work out, but it’s second nature now and I absolutely adore the finish of this liquid lippie.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Dolce | £16
I’ll be honest and say that I’ve not actually worn this out yet. Maybe because it’s a bit toooo warm; a bit tangeriney. I’m not a peachy girl usually, but I think that this lipstick is perfectly suited for warm days with glowy makeup. Again, it’s on the thin side, but Stila’s makeup is always high quality and I’m confident this can be built up to an even coverage. This one sets really well to a perfect matte, and took me two makeup wipes to scrub off completely!

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Skinny Dip | £11
I had a love affair with Gerard Cosmetics at the beginning of the year. Their Hydra Matte lipsticks quickly became my Holy Grail lip product, and I bought about 5 of them in the same week. Skinny Dip is a super pretty cool-toned pink/nude. I’d probably wear this on a night out with a smoky eye, but because it’s paler than I’m used to, I think it suits the spring season perfectly. It’s also hellllaaaa opaque, as you can see by the swatch. The great thing about these lippies is that they’re not drying at all, and leave your lips feeling comfortable for hours.

What are your favourite spring-time nudes?

Lots of love,

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. All great picks for spring! I particularly like the Gerard cosmetics on

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig