Tuesday, October 3, 2017

LIFE UPDATE: GETTING ORGANISED



The dreaded words “I’m back to uni tomorrow” seemed to come out of my mouth the other day at work. I’ve just been away on two blissful, wonderful, boozy and self indulgent holidays, I’ve forgotten what 7am looks like, and I’ve not had to haul myself onto the DLR for months. I was not ready to go back. At all. 

But equally, and I don’t know how many of you do this too, if I don’t have some sort of routine or task to do each day, I won’t do ANYTHING. I’m telling you, I’ve been working over the summer, but only a few shifts a week. The rest of the time I’ve been watching Judge Judy and eating takeaway pizzas. Which would be fine if I did that for a day. But I have been doing it since the middle of May. And it’s made me feel like shit. 

No motivation, not much to show for my summer. That’s why I frantically booked two holidays for the end of summer. I woke up one morning and realised I hadn’t done anything, and was expected back in lectures in a matter of weeks. 

With that being said, I hate feeling the way I do now. And I know that I’m always suuuch a better version of myself when I’m keeping to a schedule, getting up in the mornings, carrying myself with purpose, having challenges to achieve. 

So I’ve got a few ideas for getting myself to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be, and ways to help me absolutely KILL my last year of university. I was thinking about bullet journalling, and I did actually buy myself a Leuchtturm1917 notebook, but me being me bought a bloody plain one with no dots. And I have no artistic skills so I’m not going to be free styling my pages. I’m probably going to order one when my student loan drops and get that sorted. 

I’m also going to be in bed at a reasonable time (well, as reasonable as possible considering I’ve got to keep working at the pub through this last year of uni). I’m also aiming to be up by 9am on days off so that if I have work to do, I can smash it out early on in the day, and then still feel like I’ve got an entire day to relax afterwards. 

Obviously, a good bedtime routine will be key for me, as I don’t tend to be very strict with myself, and then wonder why I’m having trouble dozing off or sleeping badly. I also want to take a good hard look at my diet and make some healthier changes to my eating. Lawd Jesus knows I’ve been loving the pizza and the potato skins too much. 

I’m also going to be setting up some sort of rewards table where, if I complete a certain amount of work that week, or make it in to every single one of my lectures in a week (shouldn’t really be classed as a challenge but, for me, it is), then I’ll take myself out for some sort of treat or buy myself a new bit of makeup. 

And now, I think I’m due a cup of tea and possibly a therapy session after today!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig