Saturday, October 7, 2017

MY PERFECT ONE-BRAND BASE | NARS


Since I first decided to depart the life of white eyeshadow and concealer lips, and started to really take a proper interest in makeup, NARS has been one of the brands I’ve continued to adore. My first love, NARS SheerGlow Foundation, sent me on a whirlwind romance with blushes, bronzers, highlighters and lip products. And yeah, I’d probably crumple into a pile on the floor if I added up how much I’ve spent, but I have literally never been let down by any NARS thing I’ve slapped on my face. I know it’s not the most cost-effective habit to have, but I wanted to tell you what I’ve got in my most luxurious base routine. (Hint: it’s NARS)…

NARS Pore Refining Primer 

I’m not sure why I can’t find this online anymore, but I only bought this around a year ago and I never heard of it being discontinued. Maybe it escapes my vision (and cares) because I’m running late, but I WILL say that I loathed and detested this when I first bought it. I was confused because I was using it as I would a normal primer, but thought my foundation looked hella gloopy and crap. I eventually discovered a little hack; I’ve learnt to apply the primer, wait for about 5 mins and THEN apply my foundation. The reason for this is the primer is slightly ‘wetter’ than your usual formula, and doesn’t feel sillicone-y in the slightest. It just seems to take a little bit longer to settle into the skin, but ends up smoothing everything out and creating an even surface to work with.


NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation 
I was slightly late to the party on this one. There was a lotta lotta hype in the bloggersphere, but I’ve jumped the gun on lots of products that I’ve ended up being disappointed in. So I held back and waited until everyone else had decided they loved it, which, of course, they did! I used the foundation matrix to find my shade and chose Deauville. The foundation is honestly so so so so sooooo good if you want something genuinely weightless and airy-feeling. It’s buildable and will end up being completely flawless after a few layers. This foundation goes on best with a flat-top buffer brush, and will last you literal years if you use a good setting spray. I reviewed this in full here!

NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder
I’m not above average in any aspect of my life, EXCEPT when considering the amount of oil my skin seems to produce. I can’t live life without a good setting powder, and this one by NARS is a firm favourite, You know that dead, flat, dimensionless look your makeup can have if you go TOO matte? Well that doesn’t seem to happen when using a light-reflecting powder. It’s my fail-safe way of making sure I’m not looking ‘dewy’ for all the wrong reasons, but I’m still glowing and looking bright. 

Despite all of this, I very very rarely use these products for my makeup routine. I know that they’re raaaaather pricey and I’m not expecting to be able to repurchase them at the drop of a hat. These are, though, my absolute favourite base products from NARS. I do get a bit annoyed because NARS is so successful, they never put sales on. I can only ever buy them if online stores have student discounts on, which makes me, as a customer, feel a bit prickly. But I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; you really can’t beat a NARS base.

Lots of love,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig