Thursday, November 2, 2017

EASY, LOW-FAT TURKEY MEATBALL PASTA RECIPE


I’ve been watching a crap tonne of Come Dine With Me, Dinner Date and Gordon Ramsay lately, and now I seem to think I’m actually a chef(??). To be honest, I am completely obsessed with food    and genuinely enjoy cooking so I thought I’d chuck a blog post up about this turkey meatballs and pasta recipe. It’s really easy and, considering I’ve been feeling hella horrible about my body lately, it’s also pretty low-fat. The sauce is slightly naughty, but we can overlook it because TOMATO AND MASCARPONE SAUCE IS LIFE. I worked the meal out to be around 340 calories, making it quite a low-calorie lunch or dinner. 


Ingredients:
500g Turkey Mince 
300g Penne Pasta 
Tomato + Mascarpone Pasta Sauce from Tesco
Half a Diced Onion
Half a Diced Red Pepper + Yellow Pepper
1tsp of Paprika 

I hand-made the meatballs by smushing up the turkey mince with some Very Lazy garlic and paprika, and rolled them into small-ish balls. I baked them in the oven for 22 minutes at 190C degrees. 



I then boiled the penne and set it to one side. Then I slightly and very very lightly fried off the onion and peppers in a frying pan, added the tomato and mascarpone sauce and heated it up a bit. Then I tossed the cooked pasta through and continued to stir it until it was all hot and smelling of some cheesy tomato-ey lusciousness. 



Then I chucked it in a bowl and added 5 of the meatballs, and topped it with some parmesan cheese. 500g of turkey mince makes sooooo many meatballs, but I put the leftover ones in the fridge and snacked on them over the next few days. The turkey meatballs are only roughly 42 calories each! 



It’s a super easy recipe that’s perfect for students, and it’s also really cheap. Plus it tastes gooooood. But I’m slightly biased, and my diet consists mainly of pasta and cheese so I’m probably the worst judge ever. 

Lots of love,

Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig