Sunday, December 17, 2017

NOT-SO TYPICAL CHRISTMAS REDS



Due to my love of thinking I’m SUCH an individual, DAHling, I do tend to try to put my own lil’ twist on whatever is in fashion. There’s absolutely no getting away from the fact that you’re gonna have to slap on a red lip at some point this holiday season, but it doesn’t have to be your run-of-the-mill red. These are some of my favourite reds, which aren’t at all what you might expect for the holidays…

Left to right: Sleek ‘Old Hollywood’, MAC ‘Morange’, Sleek ‘Dare’, NARS ‘Cruella’, MAC ‘Russian Red’, NYX ‘Club Hopper’, Stila ‘Beso’.

The beautiful Sleek ‘Old Hollywood’ is a deep, bloody, vampy red. It’s hugely reminiscent of those beautiful bombshells in old movies, with their vintage-looking lip colours. If you love burgundies and maroons, then this one might be perfect for you.

I love wearing MAC ‘Morange’ during the winter because it is so fiery, warm and daring. It’s one of the only lipsticks I’ve tried where people literally stop you in the street and ask what you’re wearing on the lips. It’s an orange-based red, so it is still definitely a red! And not one that will be expected at the work do!

If it’s a cool, mauve-toned red you’re after, try Sleek ‘Dare’. It’s very very matte, which is great, but it is slightly dry to apply. The colour is gorgeous, though. It can be built up to a flawless, opaque finish, or lightly dabbed over the lips for a rosy red flush.

This one might be the most stereotypical Christmassy red, but I couldn’t leave NARS ‘Cruella’ off the list. It’s a warm, crimsony, scarletty red. The Velvet Matte Pencils are some of the most luxurious lip products I’ve ever tried, and their finish is stuuuuunning. It’s a perfect matte and reminds me of stockings, Santa hats and a large mulled wine.

I looooove MAC ‘Russian Red’ but I very rarely put it on. It’s a stunning blue-ish red, and everyone knows how blimmin’ wonderful the MAC lipsticks are. It’s matte, and stays on for ages, but you might need a layer of good old Lipcote to help its stand the test of Christmas puds and prosecco.

It may not look ‘red’ when it’s lined up alongside the others, but NYX ‘Club Hopper’ is a bit of a beauty. It’s a browny, grungy, muted red. It’s almost brick-toned, which makes it a gorgeous alternative to the usual berry-reds we see so much of over the holidays. I get a lot of wear out of this all through autumn and winter. If you’re yet to try NYX’s liquid suede lipsticks, this shade us a great place to start. 

Time to stick a pair of sunnies on; Stila ‘Beso’ literally hurts my eyes. It’s one of the most neon reds to ever exist, and I’m not even sure the image shows it properly. This liquid lipstick by Stila reminds me of candy-apples and devil horns, so it’s one I can choose to be sweet or just a tiny bit sexy in.

Those are my top favourite not-so-christmassy red lipstick picks! What red will you be rocking over the holidays?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig