Sunday, January 28, 2018

MESSY CHICKEN, SWEET POTATO AND FETA SALAD


Is this a food blog now??? It shouldn’t be, but the last two posts have been food related. Ah well, I ain’t mad. I spotted a similar salad on Ezmay Grace’s Instagram story and thought it looked sooooo gooooood, so I did a bit of Googling, but ultimately ended up making up my own recipe because I basically am Gordon Ramsay.


You’ll need:

Two sweet potatoes 

Two chicken breasts

A few handfuls of spinach

Half a block of feta cheese, cubed

Olive oil

Paprika

Salt and pepper




You gotta:


Pre-heat the oven on fan to 180C degrees 

Wash your sweet potatoes and cut into similarly sized cubes. Mine were in about 3cm cubes

Toss the cubed sweet potato in an oven proof dish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper

Put the sweet potato in the oven for 35 minutes

Brush the two chicken breasts in olive oil and shake some paprika over the top

Place the chicken in a parcel of tin foil and fold over edges to keep the chicken juicy

Place the chicken in the oven at 180C degrees for 30 minutes

Take the sweet potato out of the oven, toss the cubes again, then add a few large handfuls of spinach to the dish and toss them together

Make sure the spinach leaves have a bit of olive oil on them too and place the dish back in the oven for 10 minutes

Take the sweet potato and spinach out of the oven and top with the cubed feta cheese, then stir and make sure it’s all mixed

Take the chicken out of the oven and slice into strips

Add the chicken to the sweet potato, spinach and feta and mix again



Serve warm from the oven, or put in the fridge for a cold salad. For a veggie option, just cut out the chicken!

I’m not lying when I say this was a delicious piece of goodness. I’ve got half the dish leftover which I’ve put in the fridge to take to work with me later on this evening. I’m pretty sure it is also relatively healthy; the only thing really letting us down is the mountain of feta, but as we all know; ♪sweet dreams are made of cheese♪.

Let me know if you end up making one of these! I promise it’s lush and surprisingly not much effort. Yay for maximum food and minimum time in the kitchen. 

Lots of love,
Chef Jasmine Ramsay xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig