Sunday, February 11, 2018

L'OREAL PARADISE EXTATIC MASCARA REVIEW


I think the beauty community may have temporarily lost their collective minds when they all started ranting and raving about the L’Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara. I hate to whinge about makeup products, especially when I spent my own money on them and had high expectations. But this pretty little rose gold tube of disappointment was popping up all over my Twitter feed and Instagram. It was being hailed as a dupe for some of the more popular high end mascaras. So I parted with £11.99 in Boots, and here’s what I thought when I got it home.


Maybe I’ve been spoiled by the likes of Too Faced Better Than Sex and Stila HUGE Extreme Lash mascaras of late. But seriously, I honestly tried to apply L’Oreal’s offering for about ten minutes on one eye before flinging it back into my mascara drawer and going over it with an old faithful. The next time I tried it, it was slightly better, but my eyelashes never looked ‘wow’ or much longer or thicker. They just looked disappointingly stubby and more black. 


This really flipping annoyed me, because I was blessed by the eyelash gods. I’m lucky enough to have my dad’s eyelashes (sod’s law that men have better lashes than women, hey?), and people have always been like “omg your eyelashes are so long”. I’ve NEVER tried a mascara that was such a massive flop. Let alone spending cash on one that was meant to be the drugstore-equivalent to a high-end product.


If I do like one, single thing about this product, then it is the beautiful rose gold packaging. I’ve become a bit bored with all the drugstore mascara packaging. It’s become quite predictable and basic. Remember the days of that Maybelline Great Lash Mascara I’m sure we ALL had; the pink tube with the neon green lid? Now THAT was some packaging. Even so, I literally hate this mascara and it’s going to a friend (that I must not like at all) or the bin.

Lots of loathing,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so glad I read this, it was on my list of things to buy but I think I'll swerve this one!

    http://ambeautyedit.com - Amy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bag of dicks! Don't let the beauty bloggers fool you! Hahaha, there's far better drugstore mascaras available. Hope you find a good one!

      xxx

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig