Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A LITTLE ROSE GOLD HOMEWARE HAUL


It’s a momentous…moment. I’d like to thank not only my parents, but also Jesus. Finally, after 5 long years of blogging, I can finally say that I’m a fully-fledged blogger because…I OWN ROSE GOLD KITCHENWARE. I’ve been lusting after a new kettle since Chris and I moved into our flat in Blackheath, because our Morphy Richards kettle broke during the move. We were having to precariously balance the sugar caddy on the lever, which made making teas and coffees a bit of a ball ache. 

It was a case of balancing the caddy, wandering off to go to the loo, and then dashing back to the kitchen, pants still down, after hearing the boiling water splashing all over the counter. Chris, being a complete and utter MAN, said that “we didn’t need a new kettle because ours still worked fine”. Well, I say that he’s a cretin, and I deserved a new kettle…and some bits to go with it…


All these kitchen bits came from good old Wilko, which is one of my faaaavourite homeware shops. A big one has opened just down the road in Lewisham, so I managed to trick Chris into going in under the ruse of ‘just looking’ at some stuff. We were with Chris’s Mum, who really gets the whole nesting thing, and she very very very generously bought us the kettle. It’s called the ‘Kettle Copper Effect 1.7L’ on the website, but the blogger within me demands I call it rose gold.

Wilko decided to be a bit crafty, and put a load of matching kitchenware nearby. Me and Chris’s Mum ended up swooning over various copper plates, bowls, saucepans, teapots and colanders for a good twenty minutes. They have an entire range of copper kitchenware, and it’s all really bloody affordable; items start from £2, which gets you a kitchen roll holder, and go up to £70 which will buy you a beautiful copper microwave. *sigh*.




Willpower prevailed, however, and we ended up just grabbing two of the ‘Copper Effect Moscow Mule Mugs’. They’re bloody huge, rounded and have a lightly dimpled texture. They’re really beautiful, and the product images on Wilko’s website would really fool you that they’re such an affordable shop. I’m not 100% sure if you’re meant to put hot drinks in them, but screw it, I’ve been having my tea out of them for a couple of weeks and no one’s died. 

I also grabbed the ‘Heart Shaped Ceramic White Bowl’ for £3. We experienced the tragic loss of one of our bowls at home a few weeks ago after I staggered in shitfaced at 2am, decided I wanted a jacket potato, and then flung the bowl across the room (like if u cri everytim?). The heart-shaped bowl is soooo cute and really affordable, however, I now find myself gripped by a desire to fling the rest of our boring round bowls across the kitchen and replace them all with cute heart-shaped ones.

Well, that’s my little haul! There’s nothing like a small spring-time revamp for me; it really boosts my mood and gets me in a more positive mindset for the coming warmer weather. Out with the old, and in with the new, and all that. I’m also just weeks away from graduating from university, and I’m so excited for my new, free, adult life. And what says ‘adulting’ like getting excited over a new kettle?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig