Saturday, March 31, 2018

WE'RE GOING TRAVELLING!


I’ve been soooo excited to write this blog post for a couple of months now. I’m actually dying a tiny bit because I’m fiiiinally going to be going on a trip that I’ve been dreaming of going on for years! Chris and I are going to be setting off to explore Europe this summer. And we’ve bought our outward flights! We’ve spent quite a bit of time organising things so far. All the boring number-crunching, hotel-finding and, for me, conducting all-important ‘what food are we gonna eat while we’re away?’ research. Wanna see where we’re off to? 


I’m TOO excited to tell you that on the 21st of July, we’re flying from London to Split, Croatia, to spend a week on a yacht. Yep. I actually feel way too common to be uttering such words, but we’re having a week on a yacht in Croatia! Pinch me. Chris’s family love to sail, and so we’re spending our first week on a boat with them. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn some stuff about sailing, and I’m so looking forward to jumping into crystal blue waters. Ah, bliss!

The rest of the journey is still very much TBC, but we know that we’ll be Interrailling, and we’ve worked out our route. From Split, we’re getting the train to Budapest. We’ll probably spend a few days there, then set off for Vienna. From Vienna, we’ll go to Venice, to Milan, to Munich, to Prague, to Berlin, to Amsterdam, to Brussels and finally back to London!

I’m obsessed with cracking as many new countries as possible because my family has this tradition that you have to have visited as many countries as your age. I’m currently 22, and I’m wellllll behind. By the end of this holiday, I’ll be far closer and will have visited seven new countries, which is wicked for me.

In 2014, I wrote a massive long blog post about a trip around Europe. I was so excited, and had lots of it planned out. I ended up getting into a relationship with a stupid boy who said he felt ‘uncomfortable’ about me going, so I cancelled the trip. It was the silliest thing I’ve ever done. But there is a silver lining. I’m really grateful I get the chance to share this adventure with Chris who really wants to travel with me, rather than try to stop me.

I intend to Vlog for my YouTube channel as much as physically possible, and take plenty of pictures for blog posts to write up when I get back. But it’s also mine and Chris’s first holiday together (after three years together, it’s about bloody time!) so I’ll really enjoy spending time annoying him, but hoping he doesn’t get sick of me and throw me off the Rialto bridge in Venice.

You can read my previous travel blog posts here! 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig