Thursday, April 26, 2018

EGGS BAE-NEDICT AT CÔTE BRASSERIE


When ya girl gets a craving for Eggs Benedict, ya girl gets cranky. The only way to diffuse the situation safely is to ferry me off to the nearest Côte Brasserie and feeeeed meeee. Luckily, there’s a Côte nearby, meaning that after a brisk (rainy, on this occasion) walk, I can shove my face into a plate of glorious hollandaise. 

For those of you who like your food French and your red wine cheap, I’d seeeeriously recommend Côte. I’ve probably said it before on this blog, but it’s my absolute favourite restaurant. They do affordable specials most days, there are set menus and a really good breakfast deal that I only just discovered this morning. 


You can get any cooked breakfast with juice AND a hot drink for £10.50. I think that’s a deal and a half, and is especially kind on my ridiculously low bank balance. #studentprobzzz. I chose to have Eggs Benedict, which is two poached eggs on a toasted muffin with ham and hollandaise sauce. Veggies can have spinach instead of ham, which is a handy lil hint for my herbivore buddies!


Chris had a Full English Breakfast; sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, toast and scrambled free range eggs. I chose freshly squeezed orange juice, Chris had apple juice and we both had a latte. In typical form, Chris had mutilated his breakfast before I could swoop in with my camera, so use your imaginations (I assume we all know what a full English looks like).



It’s a shame I’ve got work this evening, because they do Mimosas and Bloody Marys *insert tongue emoji*, which I am aiming to drown myself in on my next visit. Chris and I have decided to do more brunch dates instead of dinner dates; they’re a nice change and we’re far more likely to have a few hours free together in the morning than in the evenings.

I’d been wanting Eggs Benedict for about two weeks until this Côte sesh, and it reaaally hit the spot. And I’m feeling smug because we got a breakfast and two drinks each for £21. If you liked this post, I also reviewed one of our dinner dates at Côte that you can take a gander at if you fancy. Also, this was not sponsored, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLZ SPONSOR ME CÔTE ILY.

Do you like French food?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig