Thursday, April 5, 2018

LAVENDER HAIR TRANSFORMATION @ PINK SAYS


Not a year goes by where I don’t make a huge cock-up with a box of at-home bleach. It does my nut to see other girls able to bleach their hair at home, not only saving themselves money but also blatantly rubbing their incredible talents right in my face. At least once a year, I decide I CAN bleach my hair at home. *Spoiler* I can't. And then I end up with orange roots. And THEN I book an appointment with my amazing and trusty hairdresser Katy in my Devon hometown, hop on the train and beg for her forgiveness. 

I wandered into Pink Says in Teignmouth with what can only be described as a stunning two-tone orange and blonde bird’s nest. But, no fear, because Katy has fixed many of my home-hairdressing faux pas (I promise I wont do it again!), and she’s always been able to right my wrongs. 


I asked for the bleach colours to be corrected (obv) and then to have a lavender-y lilac shade stuck over the top. 

We began by putting bleach on my few centimetres of regrowth, and brought it down and through my hair to cover the orangey bits. After that was rinsed off, my hair was an even, pale and clean white-blonde. Then we stuck the lavender toner on, which Katy mixed up using a few different products to create an custom colour for me.

I had a REF Proplex treatment, which is a vegan hair strengthening treatment, similar to Olaplex. I also had about half an inch off the ends to tidy them up. I always argue about having it cut, but it always looks so much better afterwards.


The directions for keeping the colour looking good for as long as possible are to use a silver shampoo. I’ve used drugstore brands like BLEACH London Silver Shampoo, B-Uniq Purple Shampoo, LUSH Daddy-O Silver Shampoo, Pro:Voke Touch Of Silver Shampoo and the Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo in the past. Katy recommends the milk_shake Silver Shine Shampoo which you can find on Amazon for £19.87. 

I’ve had the milk_shake Silver Shine Shampoo used on me in the salon, and it is a pretty perfect shampoo, and far better than anything you’ll find in Boots or Superdrug (sorry, wallet!). I also invested in the milk_shake Integrity Intensive Treatment Mask a couple of years ago, and really fell in love with the brand and its products.

As always, the six hour journey down to Devon was worth it, and my hair is looking fantastic. If you’d like to watch the vlog that includes this visit to the salon, you can find it below. You can read about my previous hair transformation with Katy at Pink Says here!


Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig