Thursday, June 13, 2019

WHAT MY MUM GOT ME FOR MY 24TH BIRTHDAY


My favourite time of the year (and quite possibly my mum’s too) is my birthday. I get showered in gifts, so, what’s not to love? Plus, it allows my mum to swan around the expensive makeup shops and provides her with an opportunity to absolve herself from some of the guilt she harbours from living in Australia away from me. *sob* *weep*

Year after year, she goes completely over the top ~not that I’m complaining~ and I always really look forward to seeing what I have to open! 

This blog post really is not meant to be braggy or spoilt; I only see my mum once every two years, so these are kind of ‘saved up’ gifts. I’m always just so grateful, and since they’re beauty bits and pieces, they fit quite well into my blog. And they make for some really pretty pictures.




To kick things off, I got a pair of Ray Ban Oval Flat Lenses Sunglasses. At least I think that’s what they are…my Googling wasn’t overly accurate and I’m honestly a bit too scared to stumble across how much they’d have cost. I also opened a MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ Spray; something I’m so excited for because I’ve not only wanted one for ages (Michael Finch’s fault), but I’ve also very recently run out of setting spray. 


Also from MAC, I got The Disney Aladdin Collection by MAC Lipstick in Princess Incognito, which is a really beautiful tea-rose matte shade. I think it’s so pretty and since I am literally Princess Jasmine, I can’t wait to wear it. I also received the Smashbox Travel-Size Super Fan Mascara; perfect because we went to Dubrovnik for a few nights and it went straight in my carry-on makeup bag. It’s also my first every Smashbox product so I was pretty excited to try it! 



I was also really excited to open the NARSskin Multi-Action Hydrating Toner and the NARSskin Purifying Foam Cleanser. As you might already know, I’m usually a huge fan of Liz Earle’s cleansing products, but I absolutely love trying new skincare. I’m a bonafide ‘goo hoarder’, and have several face-masks, cleansers and creams on the go at once. Plus, NARS is one of my favourite beauty brands and I’m beyond hyped to try out their skincare as they’re something I’ve never used before. In skincare too, I got the Sukin Coffee & Coconut Exfoliating Masque, which sounds very much up my street. I love all things coffee-related (except freeze-dried instant, you can keep that thank you very much) and I adore a decent exfoliation. I’ve never tried Sukin as it’s an Aussie brand, but I’ll definitely keep you updated.

Next, I received a well-trusted and much-loved favourite of mine; the Too Faced Travel-Size Waterproof Better Than Sex Mascara. Again, it would’ve been perfect to throw into my makeup bag to go on holiday with, but I think I’m going to save this one for Greece later on this summer! Then I opened the Limited Edition Mecca MAX 5 Minute Pocket Palette in Beach Please, which I think is so great, again, for travel and holidays. It contains eyeshadows, bronzer, blush and a cheek/lip/eyeshadow cream. The mirror inside is bloody huge, so is really handy if you’ve got to get ready on the way to somewhere. I also got a tube of Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Foundation Primer which I’ve never ever tried and have always always wanted to. It’s probably one of the most famous primers out there, and it’s always been on my wishlist. 

I had such a wonderful 24th birthday, although I can’t quite believe I’m that old and geriatric already…
I also went on a trip to Dubrovnik and Mostar with my mum, had some spending money, more presents (non-beauty-related!) and am planning a day-trip to Brighton with Chris as soon as our schedules allow for it! I am so grateful for all the love and thoughts sent my way.

I also wanted to say thank you for all the birthday wishes from people who read my blog, follow my Instagram and watch my YouTube videos. It meant the world to read them! And thank you for being so patient while my blog had a little standstill just then. I thought the mojo had left me, but I know I need never fear for long. 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow what lovely gifts! The disney Mac looks too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow !! lovely gift selection. I pretty much love everything !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig