Thursday, August 29, 2019

COFFEE @ PINK MOON


Sometimes, when the mood takes me, I take a break from RuPaul’s Drag Race Quizzes and watching Judge Rinder and I leave the house. Yesterday morning it was for good reason, too, because I went to a job interview in my new city! I feel really positive that I’m getting the ball rolling. *Pause for applause*

I’m perpetually anxiously early, so I decided to arrive in the city three hours before my interview was scheduled to start. After spending my teenagedom hanging around kiddie parks, I’d consider myself a pro-loiterer…except it had just started to rain. But all was not lost, because I’d spotted this little gem of a cafe on my last trip down to Devon and it was top of my list to visit. 


Nestled on the corner of a row of townhouses at 44 Queen Street, you’ll find the understated exterior of Pink Moon. The windows are decorated with the words ‘EAT’ ‘DRINK’ ‘MEET’ ‘DANCE’, and the chalkboards out front promote live music nights and invite you in for great coffee. The best part? Everything is pink. Baby pink, millennial pink, hot pink - there’s a pink for just about every occasion, and my basic-ass blogger personality loved it.

Once inside, the décor just gets better and better. The space is divided into the Restaurant area and the Grab ’n’ Go space which is dedicated to takeaways. In the restaurant, there’s baby pink tiles and leather, geometric rose gold lanterns and wicker chairs. There’s hanging ivy, white marble tables and framed prints. The tables are accented with succulent plants, sleek silver cutlery and thick, pastel pink napkins. The menus are mint-green with pink detailing, and promote their social media handles and the ‘EAT. DRINK. MEET. DANCE’ slogan. If this isn’t an Instagrammer’s dream, then I don’t know what it. 



I ordered a vanilla latte (the most basic of basic-bitch drinks) and took a seat. I was the gladdest glad person on planet earth to discover that I was the first person in, and quickly whipped my camera out to take some photos. It’s quite a big space - I think I counted 56 seats in this upstairs area. The seating in the back area has loads of plug sockets for your laptops or phones if you’re coming to Pink Moon to work. The music had an indie, retro feel to it; I recognised Fire by Kasabian and maybe a Blondie song or two.

Between posing for pictures in front of my precariously-balanced camera, I had a chance to look at the brunch menu. I’m actually really annoyed that I didn’t have much of an appetite (pre-interview nerves!) because the food looks absolutely fantastic. The choices sound absolutely mouth-watering, so I’ll definitely be making a point of going back. A couple of things that particularly caught my eye were the Korean Chicken Tacos, Philly Cheese Steak Burger and their 4oz Steak + Eggs. Veggies and Vegans, fear not! Their menu also features a great amount of options for you, like the Acai Bowl, BBQ Jackfruit Tacos and Baked Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos. *Insert drooling emoji here*

My coffee arrived in a baby-pink geometric style mug with a heart in the froth. Should I have slipped the barista my number??? It tasted good! I’m no coffee critic, but I think the minute you drown your beans in vanilla syrup, you lose any credibility in talking about the taste of a coffee. They also do tea, hot chocolates, juices and alcoholic cocktails. You can also choose from their homemade sweet pastries or cakes in the Grab ’n’ Go area to enjoy alongside your drink. 



And how could I forget??? By night, this coffee shop and restaurant transforms into a bar and club with a DJ and dance floor! It offers private hire and booths are available, which can be booked by contacting Pink Moon. You can find a lineup of events for the entire year on their website, but a few highlights for September look to be a KISStory night, Fresher’s Week and a UV Full Moon Party, which all sound like really great nights out…….maybe minus the Fresher’s Week party…….I remember Fresher’s Week the first time round and it was a dark, dark time. Also I’m a 24 year-old now so why would I want to hang around sticky 18 year-olds?

I was worried when I moved back down to Devon from London that I’d feel a bit ‘cut off’ from all of these amazing cafes and bars that I so love to visit. Pink Moon has honestly reassured me that I can visit these beautiful locations, drink good coffee and eat good food wherever I am. I now know I never really needed to worry; the blogger within me will always sniff out the rose gold and marble, no matter what city I’m in!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Absolutely stunning place and pictures. I love the pink colour throughout .

    I moved out from London over 2 years ago after living there 18 years ( I now live in the Cotswold) and I was also worried to be cut off from nice places and guess what there is as much lovely bars, shops etc. in my area than there is in London.

    http://www.mariesconnections.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig