Wednesday, October 23, 2019

FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY-ON HAUL*


I’m sure this is going to sound relatable to some of you - there are some online clothing stores I avoid because of how the models look. Sorry to say it, but if one of the missing Kardashian sisters is posing up a storm in your outfits, it usually means I’m going to click off that website faster than I say ‘large pinot please’ when I enter a pub. FEMME LUXE FINERY is one of those websites.

It honestly wouldn’t have been one of my go-to stores before I spotted an #OOTD post on Instagram from one of the bloggers I follow that I decided I had to make a purchase. It was a gorgeous white Bardot jumper-dress, and the way it was styled (with Dr Martens and fishnet socks) appealed to me so much more than how it looked on the website. I’m not ashamed to say I stole that whole look and posted an almost identical outfit picture to the ‘gram.

A couple of weeks later, Femme Luxe Finery emailed me to ask if I’d like to collaborate! I was allowed to choose 4 items - and here they are…



This first outfit is probably the least ‘me’ and the most ‘kardashian-insta-model-boobalicious’. It’s so far from what I’d usually go for, but I wanted to try the look. I’ve never owned anything in this camel-colour because I’m usually worried it’ll clash with my hair. Now I’ve got it, I kind of wish I got the black or khaki set; I’m not 100% sure about the camel colour on me.

I got this set in the size S-M, which is about an 8 to a 10. The bottoms fit really nicely and are so comfortable. They’re true high-waist (not like those fake news high-waist leggings that barely cover your bum crack). The top, on the other hand, doesn’t really fit me. It feels too small and the sleeves twist around when I put it on, and I wasn’t sure where the neckline was supposed to be. I love the bottoms though, they’re very comfy and I’ll be lounging profusely around the house in them. 



I never knew how much I needed a pair of faux leather leggings until these arrived. Oh. My. GOD. I didn’t know it was possible to feel this way about a pair of leggings. Again, they’re true high-waist and really comfortable. They’re tight, there’s no weird sagging or stretching of the material and they are so flattering. I know earlier I was shitting on the Kardashian look, but maybe I’M ACTUALLY the missing Kardashian sister??? Look how good it makes the booty look!

I got these in a size 10, and was a bit worried they wouldn’t fit when I got them out of the parcel. They stretch really well, though, and are opaque and just so so flattering. I have to roll mine up at the bottom (the perks of being 5’2”) and they look so expensive. Gone are the days of the boring jersey legging. All hail the faux leather legging! I bloody love these.



Now it’s time for the scandalous dominatrix dress. To be honest, I really really love this. I’d completely wear this on a night out without the layer underneath. But with the long-sleeved top underneath, it’s quite a cool twist on the usual autumnal layering. It’s sexy and flattering, and the 90’s square neckline is everything. 

I’ve got a couple of slight bits of beef with this, though. The straps aren’t adjustable which is a shame, and there’s also a bit of strange gathering of the material on one hip, which seems kind of like the dress wasn’t stitched properly. Aside from that, I really love this piece. It could also be the basis of a d.i.y halloween costume which I am always ALWAYS here for.



Alright alright alright. This dress BANGS. It’s actually advertised and shown on the website as a Bardot dress, but I also love the way it looks with the sleeves pulled up over the shoulder for a feminine cap-sleeve look. Polka dots are everything, the ruching is unusual for me but I low-key love it. The sleeves are the perfect length - nice and long. No cold wrists here!

I bought this in a size 10 and I’m kinda hoping this dress just runs a little small, and the fact I can’t get the zip up all the way at the back has nothing to do with all the Five Guys I’ve been eating. I’m going to have to enlist the help of someone with some seriously strong forearms to cinch me into this dress, because I love it and I refuse to accept it’s a bit small for me. Look how gorgeous it is!

I’m still a bit iffy about the models used on the site - she is gorgeous, don’t get me wrong, but her huge boobs and huge bum make girls like me worry that we won’t look like that in the clothes. It can put average girls off wanting to spend our money there. I actually much prefer checking @FemmeLuxeFinery’s tagged posts on instagram to see what ‘real’ girls look like in their pieces. Just a hint!


I’d like to say a huge thank-you to Femme Luxe Finery for making me a #LUXEGAL and letting me choose these four pieces for this blog post. I’m impressed by the bits I’ve received and I’m already scrolling through the pages to see what else I’d like to try. It’s always nice to dip my toe into fashion I wouldn’t necessarily expect m myself to choose, and I’m so pleased with these new additions to my wardrobe. 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm exactly the same when it comes to avoiding certain places. I'm very straight up and down so those pieces that look great on those girls aren't my vibe at all. Might have to rethink though because I love all of the pieces you've picked here and you look amazing in all of them! Love the leather leggings x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig