Sunday, October 27, 2019

THE WHITE DRESS EDIT | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY-ON HAUL*


Don’t get me wrong; I adore the LBD, but there’s a special place in my heart for a Little White Dress. I accept that this is the completely wrong time of year to be writing up this blog post, but I was recently contacted by Femme Luxe Finery again and decided to put together an all-white lookbook. I have always loved white dresses because they’re feminine, a little bit romantic and it is quite literally the only colour on the planet that makes me look even a tiny bit tanned. I loved the choice of white dresses on their website and struggled to whittle it down to these four. So here they are!



★★★☆
This was the first dress that caught my attention when I was scrolling through the online store. I just thought it was such an interesting and unique dress; such a cool twist on your usual t-shirt dress. That is essentially the cut of the dress so it’s really comfortable. But the mesh ruffles on the shoulders and under the bust are a dramatic statement. 

I probably wouldn’t wear this during the day; I see it more as an evening out dress. It’s very flattering and easy-to-wear (no faffing around with strapless bras here!) and I’m actually impressed by the quality of the mesh and ruching on the dress. It’s not what I’d usually go for, but I’m really happy I picked this one.



★★★★
I can’t tell you how much this is basically my dream-dress. The off-the-shoulder neckline accentuates the collar bone (which I personally think is sexier than cleavage (well, I don’t have any cleavage anyway so what do I know?)). The ruffled milkmaid detail on the bust is SO romantic and flirty. I love the bow, which you can tie and untie yourself. I also love the panels down the dress, which made it look and feel expensive.

These bodycons can be a little bit unforgiving, so I’ll be sure not to eat a family-size pasta bake before trying to wriggle into this. But with that being said, the fabric on this dress is quite firm, and I do feel pretty well held in place when I’m wearing this. This is going to be the first dress I wear on a date (undoubtedly with my Levi’s jacket) as soon as the Spring springs! 



☆☆☆
To be brutally honest, this is my least favourite of the bunch. I still like it for a couple of reasons; I think the silhouette is lovely and the length is perfect. However, this material is SEE THROUGH. TRANSPARENT! If I wore this out, I’d be so paranoid that my knickers would be visible. You can practically see my sternum tattoo through the material!

As well as that, the sizing seems off. Unless I’ve miraculously become a size 6 in the last 24hours, this dress isn’t the size it’s advertised as. So much so, that it’s meant to be a bardot dress. But if I was to pull the shoulders off, the whole dress would fall down. It’s a shame, because I think the dress looks absolutely amazing on the model. Maybe I should’ve gone a size down, because the stretchy material doesn’t seem to stay up very well, and the slinky sleeves don’t let me wear it as a bardot dress and they’re my favourite! Sad face!



★★★★
I’m in loooooove! I’m definitely ending on a high-note here. This dress is my favourite of this haul, and one I can actually get away with wearing this season. I got this same dress in black in my previous Femme Luxe Finery haul, and I loved it so much. The fit, the sleeves, the ruffled hem, the sweetheart neckline and cute puffed sleeves are everything.

It’s extremely hard to do up myself; the zip is at the back and the sizing of this particular dress is slightly too small. It’s a S-M rather than an 8 or a 10 and so on, so I feel like maybe I’m between the sizes here. Either way, as long as I’ve got someone to help hoist myself in, I’m going to be strutting around in my polka dots. I just love this whimsical, girly dress. I think it looks great with my pastel pink hair, and even better with a red/orange lipstick. I love!

I mentioned this in my previous blog post, but I’ll reiterate my point because I do want to be clear. I HATE the pictures on the website. I don’t think the model looks like a real or normal or average girl, and I hate buying clothes after seeing them on these Kardashian-lookalikes because I know I won’t look like them in the same outfit. I’m really impressed with Femme Luxe Finery’s clothing, though, I just disagree with the way they’re marketed. I’m hoping that maybe some of you who would be unsure about ordering from them will see me (an average flat-chested, big hipped, size ten gal) in them and might be more inclined to buy from them. The choice is fantastic and the quality has been surprisingly good considering how affordable these pieces are. 

I’d like to say another massive thank-you to Femme Luxe Finery for making me a #LuxeGal and letting me choose these pieces for a review on my blog. I’ve really enjoyed choosing, shooting and reviewing these dresses! I’m so pleased to have added them to my wardrobe.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the ruffle details on the Freda short-sleeved mesh mini-dress and on the Milkmaid Bardot Bodycon mini-dress with bow. I also love the looks of the white slinky balloon sleeve bardot mini-dress and the pretty ruffle-hemmed white polka-dot ruched puff-sleeve mini-dress.
    You look absolutely gorgeous modelling all four of these pretty dresses!
    Your hair, winged eyeliner and lipstick all look beautiful.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig