Monday, November 4, 2019

ANOTHER FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY ON HAUL*


This blog is starting to look suspiciously like a Femme Luxe Finery fan-account and I’m sorry if you’re finding this to be an overload of these try-on hail posts at the moment! The truth is, I’m having such a great time collaborating with these guys; I’m surprised at how much I like the clothing despite having my serious reservations about the ‘vibe’ of the website initially. 

It’s really nice to receive these clothes, try them on and look GUUURRRD. I didn’t expect to - I thought I’d look like an absolute moron (all flat-chested 5ft2 of me) in these Kardashian-wannabe pieces. I like to be proven wrong. And although we’ve had a couple of hiccups with sizing and quality so far (see my previous posts for details!) I’m really loving what I’m trying from ‘gram-famous Femme Luxe Finery. 



★★★☆☆
I’ve wanted one of these cable-knit loungewear sets for the longest longest longest time. Ever since seeing the likes of FashionInflux in a set, I’ve been adding and removing them from my online shopping baskets because I wasn’t 100% sure. My usual ‘lounge-wear’ is a pair of trackies from secondary school p.e and my huge Adidas jumper, so a set like this seems a bit extra for sitting on the sofa in. Then I saw some people wearing it as an actual outsidey outfit, and I was sold.


I bought this in a size M/L which translates into a size 12-14, so Femme Luxe Finery’s freakish sizing strikes again. I’m usually a size 10, and get a bit flustered when buying things with a S, M, L size tag. I upsized thinking it’d be cosy and roomy. How wrong I was! This set fits me, but the leggings barely stretch over my bum and the legs are tight. It’s not as comfortable and loungey as I’d have thought, but I’d still like to wear it with a duster coat and boots for an autumn OOTD out.



★★★★★
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Is this the top of my dreams? Has someone created the perfect blouse? I think the answer is yes. This is yet another instance of me umming and ahhhing while placing my order because the model looks so bloody voluptuous with her huge bazoomas all over the website - but I’m so glad I chose this and now I want it in every colour. 

I went for a risky size 8 in this blouse, and it actually fits me perfectly. The sleeves are the perfect length and the cropped length of the top sits nicely above a pair of high-waisted jeans or a skirt. I just think it’s so feminine and girly, so easy and effortless but actually looks fabulous. Jeans and a nice top is SO sorted with this top. And now I need it in black!



★★★★☆
I just love an easy jumper, especially during this miserable, cold, dark season. Granted, this isn’t one to keep your midriff warm, but it’s pretty and easy and casual. The material feels pretty warm - though I’ll definitely be wearing a t-shirt underneath when the weather really cools down. I love the ruffled sleeves and neckline because it adds a bit of interest to an otherwise standard black crop jumper.

The sizing is, again, freakish. I bought this in a M/L hoping for a slightly longer length crop, and a more oversized look to the jumper. But in reality, it’s fits like a small size 10. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the fit now I’ve worn it, but I was pretty shocked to pull out this teeny tiny jumper from the package marked ‘M/L (12-14)’. But that being said, I like how my tattoo is visible beneath the jumper and the detailed sleeves. Very cute and something I’ll wear loads through autumn and winter.

A huge huge thank you to Femme Luxe Finery for asking me to collaborate *again!* and for making me a #LuxeGal. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; I’m having so much fun trying new styles I wouldn’t usually have gone for based on the ‘vibes’ of the website and the models. I’m enjoying wearing these pieces and putting my own style with it and I’m learning that I can make a lot of clothes feel like ‘me’. 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig