Saturday, November 16, 2019

PIXI BEAUTY SKINTREATS HAUL + FIRST IMPRESSIONS


It’s been many many many moons since I last ventured away from my holy-grail, much-loved, ride-or-die Liz Earle skincare, but I may just have found the range that can banish it to the back of the bathroom cupboard. I used to spend hundreds of pounds [yikes!] on skincare; I tried loads of different brands in all sorts of combinations until I settled on the Liz Earle collection because I love the botanicals, the vegan formula and the way it made my skin look and feel. But MOVE OVER hun, for I have just discovered the miracle that is Pixi Beauty Skintreats!

I only wandered in to Boots for a little something to cheer me up - maybe a body scrub or a bath bomb is really all I had in mind. My local Boots shop is nothing more than a corridor made up of two rows of shelves and a pharmacy, so I never expect to be dazzled by what I can find in there. I was just browsing the skincare section when noticed - right on the bottom shelf - a small selection of Pixi Beauty products with a proud ‘New In’ sticker on display. 

The selection was very small; a choice of three Glow Tonic formulas, a cleanser and a peel. I grabbed one of each [of course making sure the packaging matched to satisfy my need for an insta-worthy photo opportunity] and headed to the till. I didn’t really pay attention when I was grabbing my loot, but when I got to the checkout and the lady announced “that’s £62 please”, I’m not ashamed to admit I nearly fell over. But then the #YOLO kicked in, and it was payday after all! 

I’m always massively late to the party when it comes to blogger cult-favourites; it took me years to clock on to the magic of NARS Laguna bronzer, Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes and Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. And this is no different. I’ve seen so much of Pixi Beauty on my favourite blogs and Instagram accounts but I just never bothered to give it a go until now. But I’m so glad I have now! Here are my thoughts and first impressions on what I picked up…


★★★★☆
I really like this cleanser because it’s thick and creamy, and doesn’t foam when it cleanses. I really went off foaming cleansers after I realised they were causing my skin to get angry and oily, all while claiming to reduce my oiliness. It’s a scam, folks! This stuff isn’t scented and is a natural clay colour; a sort of off grey/green. This makes it easy to see where you’ve cleansed and where you could’ve missed. I’m not dead sure about removing eye makeup with this and I haven’t yet used this to cleanse after having a full face of makeup on - but it contains glycolic acid and I’m not sure how sensible it’d be to rub acid in my eyes. 

What I do know is how bright my skin looked after the first use. It really does what it says on the tin, which I love. It almost resurfaced my skin in one use. I’m not a huge fan of the green packaging, but you win some, you lose some.

What the Boots website says:
“A deep pore cleansing mud that gently exfoliates while purifying for radiant skin.
~ A deep pore cleansing mud, enriched with 5% glycolic and soothing botanicals
~ Formulated to provide effective cleansing, yet is mild enough for all skin
~ Complexion is cleansed and gently exfoliated to reveal radiant and healthy skin
~ Deep pore cleansing leaving skin clean and glowing
~ Gently exfoliates and revitalizes
~ Mud deep cleanses
~ Glycolic acid enhances complexion's glow”


★★★★☆
This stuff smells  G L O R I O U S - like seriously. I’m a sucker for anything floral, especially lavender or rose. This tonic smells absolutely gorgeous and is also my signature baby-pink colour, making it great bathroom shelf eye-candy. With that being said, I’m not 100% sure on what this stuff actually does. I know the bottle says it’s enriched with nutrients etc, but I don’t see an obvious difference immediately before and after using it. 

Maybe it’s a slow-burner? I’m using this as my final step in my new Pixi Beauty skincare routine and I’m sure my skin would feel super duper dry and tight if I didn’t use it, because it really feels lovely and smooth to swipe onto my face using a cotton pad. I’m currently using it once a day [at night] because I don’t have an abundance of time to cleanse, exfoliate and tone morning and night, and I can’t wait to keep an eye on the results I might get. Although it’s not an immediate payoff, I love using it, think it smells gorgeous and love knowing I’m giving my skin a good quench with all this toner’s nourishing ingredients. 

What the Boots website says:
“Naturally soothing and rich in nutrients, this tonic helps to tone, balance pH, minimize redness and calm skin. Rehydrates, replenishes and refreshes.
Rose Hydrosol based toner that hydrates and neutralizes skin
~ Normalizes hydration levels and gently removes any impurities.
~ Suited for all skin types”


★★★★★
THIS. STUFF. IS. LIQUID. GOLD. If you follow me on Instagram [@jazmcrae] you’ll have seen my post praising this little tube of my actual hopes and dreams. For a start, how cute is the little pink tube? I’m a bit pissed that this cost £26 for the least amount of product, but I’m a firm believer in ‘you get what you pay for’, and you aren’t supposed to use this daily anyway. It’s definitely my favourite product of the bunch.

Believe me when I say that this product smells exactly like watermelon and spreads beautifully - again with a darker peach tinge so it’s easy to see where you’ve got it and where you’ve missed. It’s also an extremely gritty exfoliant, which I love, because you can feel it working and know you’re getting in deep where you need to. You can just apply it and wait for a couple of minutes, or massage it in circular motions before rinsing off for a more ‘polished’ effect. I couldn’t believe how bright, fresh and purified my skin looked after trying this for the first time. And I know I need to get a life because I was actually sitting at work today looking forward to getting home and using it again!

What the Boots website says:
“This radiance revealing enzyme peel resurfaces for smoother, softer skin, and a healthy looking glow.
~ This radiance revealing enzyme peel resurfaces for smoother, softer skin, and a healthy looking glow
~ Natural fruit enzymes loosen dead skins cells, lactic acid gently exfoliates, cellulose peels & sugar extracts polishes, lifting away dullness revealing brighter skin
~ Professional salon peel treatment without leaving home!”


So basically, it’s a big WOW from me. I thought I was committed to Liz Earle for good [and don’t get me wrong, I’ll never forsake her completely] but I’m so excited to be using this amazing new range of products and I’m in love with the results so far. I’m not sure if your skin can ‘get used to’ products you’ve used for a long time, and maybe it’s a good thing to switch up your skincare routine from time to time? I’m excited to keep an eye on my results, but I already think my horrible spots on my chin are calming down after just a couple of day’s use.

All I know is that my skin hasn’t looked this bright and fresh in a long time, and I am  l i v i n g! If you’re as late to the Pixi Beauty skincare party as I am, I’d urge you to save those pennies and give them a try. It’s a bit of an investment but so worth it for how glowy and bright i’m feeling right now!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I looove Pixi skin care! I love the Pixi Glow and really want to try the Vitamin C range. :)

    Soph - https://girlvsworldblog.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried much from Pixi, my skin is super sensitive to a lot of active ingredients that they use (glycolic especially). I always feel like I'm missing out when I hear people rave about them. Glad you're loving your products after the shock at the till! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig