Monday, November 18, 2019

THE WINTER EDIT | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY ON HAUL


My favourite tweet of the year so far has got to be “when we put the clocks back, didn’t realise we put them back to the Ice Age - baltic!”. I agree with this on a spiritual level. I’m flipping freezing. Between 8 cups of tea and evening, a blanket and a hot water bottle, I still seem to be struggling to be warm. I’ve also always struggled to get past the hoodie-leggings-boots winter-wear combo and dress ‘nicely’ in the colder weather. I’m on a quest to have more fashionable colder weather options and look more feminine and chic; less bulky vagrant. So here’s my latest Femme Luxe Finery haul, but this time it’s a winter edit.



★★★★☆
First up is my first ever jumper dress! I went for a classic black over the grey and cream options. I had visions of myself throwing red wine or pasta sauce down the front of any other colour, so I’m playing it safe. But I do love the way this looks; I think it’s a little bit witchy styled with the hat and the belt! 

It’s not the thickest of materials, but it’s so easy to wear literally any other dress underneath to layer up a little bit. I wore a long-sleeved jersey dress and felt super warm throughout the day I debuted it on a shopping trip. It’s the perfect length for me, but may be a bit short on anyone over 5’2”! The sleeves are perfect; slightly over-length which I love for the cooler months. This is such a casual throw-on piece that I know I’ll wear loads.



★★★★☆
After falling in love with my last mesh-sleeved top from Femme Luxe Finery in my last haul, I decided I needed to build up my collection. I’m one of these who buy the same style in every colour once I find something I think suits me. I love a crop top with high-waisted jeans, and I guess this would be perfect for a night out during party season.

The scoop neck and oversized sleeves are soooo glamorous and so unusual, which is why I think it’s got so much charm. Granted, it’s not the warmest piece of clothing I could’ve chosen, but I think it’s exaggerated and feminine. The organza sleeves gather at the elbows and wrists with the world’s itchiest elastic, but who cares?! It looks absolutely fab.



★★★★☆
Holy moley - I’m developing a bit of an obsession with these long coats. This must be my fourth one! This belted duster jacket is bloody ideal for me during this time of year; it can be dressed up for a night out or thrown on like a dressing-gown to get me in to work without getting frostbite. I love its simplicity more than anything and I think it could be worn with practically any outfit underneath. 

It’s made of a felt-like material which isn’t hugely thick, but I don’t mind it. There’s nothing more minging than those too-hot-coat-sweats when you’re walking around and it’s freezing. It keeps you at the perfect temperature with a jumper underneath. It does build up a hell of a lot of static though, and I seem to be constantly zapping myself which I’m not madly in love with! But I just think it’s a classic piece to have and I really love how it gives an effortless feminine edge - all while keeping me cosy.

Again, a big big big thank-you to Femme Luxe Finery for gifting me these items! This is my fourth collaboration post with them, and to be honest, I’m kind of running out of stuff I think I’d pick from the website. The choice is mainly high-glam, hyper-feminine and insta-baddie inspired. The style is already a bit removed from my usual style which tends to be slightly more casual, grungy and low-maintenance. Meaning I’d be stepping a bit more out of my comfort zone for my next haul!

But with this being said, I get loads of compliments on my new clothes whenever I wear them, and people constantly ask where my new bits came from! I’m so happy [confused, but happy!] to be a #LuxeGal and always always look forward to the next collaboration. Loads of love to the team at Femme Luxe Finery for keeping me feminine and snuggly so far this winter. I particularly love the pieces in this haul!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oooh! I love your outfits - they look super cozy and stylish. I am a big fan of the jumper dress. Adding a belt makes a huge difference! I LOVE your long coat!! That is so my vibe right now!!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig