Thursday, January 30, 2020

PASTEL FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY-ON HAUL


Can you tell I’m waiting for Spring to spring? I wrote in an instagram caption last week ‘if I keep wearing pastels, it’ll make the weather get warmer faster, no?’. Well, a week later, I have discovered that the answer is, in fact, no. I was invited to collaborate again by Femme Luxe Finery, who I’ve worked with several times in the recent months and I was excited to accept. I’ve felt myself feeling like I know what to choose now, and I understand the things from the website that’ll flatter my body [as well as things that really won’t]. 

Femme Luxe Finery has a very obvious point of view. It’s very Insta-worthy and the models don’t represent a very attainable or usual body shape. They look great, don’t get me wrong, but this makes it difficult for the average shopper to have any sort of idea about how the clothes will look on their body. So this means you can be feeling like it’s a bit trial-and-error. 

With that being said, I’ve really enjoyed being allowed to try lots of different items from the website and I’m getting to grips with the pieces that work for me. For this collaboration, I decided to opt for the prettiest pastels and the more Spring-like wear in an attempt to make myself feel like the warmer weather is on its way. And I’m actually really pleased with this haul, despite it still seeming to be 3 degrees outside. Here’s what I got…





★★★☆☆
This top is pretty cute, and probably a great spring/summer staple in my wardrobe. I really like how it looks; the gold zip is understated and the puff sleeves are feminine and give me medieval milkmaid vibes. The length is good, and the top isn’t see-through, which was something I was a bit worried about initially. What I really like about the neckline is that the sleeves stay up and in place on the tops of my shoulder; they don’t slip down or move anywhere. I also really like the very feminine ‘love-heart’ shape it creates at the front. The zip feels sturdy and I don’t feel worried it’s going to slip down.

However, there’s something about this top that just doesn’t fit right. The boob-cup bit is cut far too big for my lack of chest. The top comes up way too high, and rides up when I pull it down. They just seem like they’re in the wrong place for my body-shape. So that being said, it may look fan-dabby-dozy on someone with an actual set of jugs. This is probably one of those ‘cute-for-pictures-but-not-cute-to-wear-in-real-life’ type situations. It’s a shame because I really like it and think it’d be an easy throw-on top for summer days out.



★★★★★
These joggers are the light of my bloody life, and I say that without a hint of exaggeration or hyperbole. I am BLESSED to have these fuzzy pink cosy bottoms of wonder. They’re oversized, and are cut in a way that is a little bit M.C Hammer-ish, especially around the hips. But this just makes them feel roomy and slouchy. They have a cord around the waist making it easy to secure them in place for the day. Not that I’m sure this would make a particularly glam #ootd, but who knows? The Borg material is warm and soft, and the shade of pink is the prettiest millennial pink in the universe.

I’ve practically lived and died in these since they arrived. They have been my trusty companions for many evenings on the sofa, mornings writing blog posts and nipping to town to grab a Subway. They’re full length and high-waisted - but like they’re properly high waisted and come all the way up to my ribs. Also, and it’s probably to do with the cut of the joggers, but they give you the best looking booty the world has ever seen. I feel like I’m rivalling the model on the website herself, in all her bootylicious Kardashian-esque glory.



★★★★☆
When I chose this dress, it was a very typical ‘all dressed up and nowhere to go’ moment. I’m a sucker for beautiful dresses that I really have no business owning or wearing. When I saw this on the website, I had visions of myself prancing through Mayfair and sipping Prosecco in my Duke-boyfriend’s flower garden. It is VERY that. The sleeves are cloud-like and beautiful, the mini-length is perfect on me, the colour has been plucked from my pastel dreams. I just wish wish wish I was due an afternoon tea appointment with the queen in the next few weeks so I’d have a reason to wear this!

This dress doesn’t have a zip though, so you need to squeeze and contort your way into it. It’s definitely a ‘do your makeup after it’s on’ dress. It feels like very good quality; the material is thick and very almost scuba-material. This means it’s opaque and we aren’t at risk of any visible undies, but it also means it seems to cling to my body in places I don’t particularly want to be clung to i.e the belly button. But maybe that was down to the brie and cranberry panini I’d devoured moments before taking these pictures? 



★★★★☆
I have seen girls in these cargo/combat trousers throughout autumn and winter and have wanted a pair for a while. I chose these because they look badass, and also stuck out to me as some of the more casual pieces on the Femme Luxe Finery website. You can be scrolling for  d a y s  on their site and you’ll be faced with sparkly dress after sparkly dress, which doesn’t do a lot for me considering I leave my house only to go and sit in the office at work. So I try to look for things I’m likely to get some wear out of.

These trousers are heavy and again, thick good quality material. No VPL here! They’re full-length on me although something tells me they’re supposed to sit above the ankle for a kinda three-quarter length look. But I love how they fit; super comfortable and easy to move around in. I’m slightly perplexed by the belt, which resembles a bike helmet clasp? Or like a kid’s carseat buckle? I’m probably going to swap the belt out for one of my own, but I do love the trousers themselves. I’ve worn them a couple of times and you have to be SO mindful not to sit or lean on anything remotely dirty or wet though! 

This was a particularly high-rating haul for me! Usually there’s a couple more ‘misses’ in these hauls, but this time I was really pleasantly impressed by what I yanked out of the package. The joggers are a clear winner, and perhaps my favourite thing ever ever ever received by Femme Luxe Finery. Plus they’re giving me plenty of stuff for my #OOTD instagram posts and allowing me to refresh my wardrobe without spunking £100 in Primark [as I may or may not be known to do]. So I really look forward to working with them again!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig