Monday, August 24, 2020

LOUNGE SWIM BLACK MIAMI TRIANGLE BIKINI SET | TRY ON + REVIEW


With all the jet-setting and travelling we’re all doing this year [I am joking, obv], one of my most ridiculous lockdown purchases has to be the Black Miami Triangle Bikini Set by Lounge. I mean, it was hardly an essential buy, but it didn’t half make me happy. The lockdown rule seems to be ‘a parcel a day keeps the sadness away’, and I’ve been testing that theory. It appears to really work! So although I may not have been on my round-the-world trip - as planned for May-August of this year - I certainly have been making a lot of use of the sun lounger in my back garden. Lounge has only recently launched their Swim range, so I did want to be one of the first to order a set and give my first impressions and try it on for you! Here’s what I think…

Lounge launched their new swimwear range, and I was immediately really excited. Then I looked at the actual range, and I was left a bit…confused? They released twenty two swimming cozzies or bikinis as part of this range, however I only really liked four of them. Or really, what I mean is, I only really ‘recognised’ four of the items as Lounge products. The Triangle Bikini sets are gorgeous, and quintessentially Lounge; they fit the brand, they look like they are a part of Lounge’s collection and are immediately recognisable as a Lounge product. 

The rest of the twenty two bikini sets or bathing suits are - for lack of a better phrase - random as heck. I just wouldn’t have expected these designs to come as part of Lounge’s first swimwear collection launch. After the beautiful, sleek Triangle Bikini sets with the Lounge logo embroidered into the bands, the others are just a bit like “erm…are you sure?”. They just have random prints, like pink, red and white florals or are inexplicably knitted; none of the other Lounge collections feature this kind of thing. They kind of look and remind me of the bikinis and swimsuits you’d find on Shein or Zaful, so a little bit eclectic and a little bit, dare I say, cheap? So, I wasn’t going to go for any of those.


I definitely knew that I wanted to go for one of the Triangle Bikinis, which come in Black, Green, Red and Cobalt Blue. For me, it was a toss-up between the Red one, which is beautiful and vibrant, or the Black, which is obviously a classic. I was a little bit surprised to see there wasn’t a white one, to be honest. I’d have definitely gone for the white one if it existed because a white bikini makes you look so much more tanned in comparison, and just feels a bit more summery. I think white would’ve looked so beautiful in this style, with the Lounge logo embroidered in black along the bust and waistbands. But what do I know?? 

So I chose the Black Miami Triangle Bikini Set, which I genuinely do love. The bikini set cost £45, which I managed to get £5 off using a discount code at checkout [I use the Honey extension which automatically applies any known discount codes at checkout, so I can’t remember the code, but get Honey if you don’t already have it! [Not sponsored! [Please sponsor me, Honey, you swines!!!]]] So £45 for a bikini would possibly make most people cringe. I usually do buy my bikinis from those cheapo websites like Shein or Zaful, and they’re only like £8, but I’ve also been a big fan of the TRIANGL bikinis in the past, which were £50 a go at the time. So I’m used to splurging a bit extra on my swimwear. I like to invest a little more in bikinis because they do last a whole lot longer than the cheap ones, the quality of them is a lot nicer, and isn’t it just nice to have nice things?


What I love most about this bikini is the shape; the triangle cups are perfect and very flattering. It’s comfortable and exposes the right parts of the chest, I think. It’s only very slightly nipple-to-the-wind; I do need to adjust every now and again. It’s tight to my chest, though, so it’s only when I lean in certain positions that my ‘dignity’ may become exposed. *eye roll*, free the nipple, am I right ladies? The bottoms are possibly my favourite bikini bottoms that I’ve ever owned; the band comes up super high and the back won’t leave you with huge tan lines IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Basically, your whole bum is out. I’ve hated having wack tan lines on my bum in the past, there’s nothing flattering about having an upside-down white triangle shape singed into your booty. But that won’t be an issue in these bottoms, because you can virtually see what I ate for breakfast and I am here for it.

In terms of size, I went for an S top and an S bottoms, and I think it’s really good that you can choose the size of the top and bottom separately. I’m a 32A in bras and a size 8 in knickers, generally. The set fits me perfectly. As you can see from the try-on pictures, it’s kinda tight around my hips, but I really like how that looks. I’m just here to accentuate the Roxxxy Andrews thick and juiciness, you know? [Drag Race reference, again]. It’s comfortable whilst also being figure-hugging. I don’t know how well you’d do in this bikini if you had much of a chest, however. I’m luckier being flat-chested with this one, especially in a size S. I’m sure it’d stretch slightly, but I can’t help feeling it’s slightly precarious with my boobs already, so if you actually *had* any, it could be a bit dodgy!

Basically, the moral of the story, the top and bottom of it, at the end of the day, I bleddy loves this bikini set. Despite being a little bit disappointed in the styles and colours featured as part of the Lounge Swim launch, I definitely found a set I adore. I’ve only paraded around my garden wearing this so far, drinking wine and offending my elderly neighbours by rapping the complete works of Nicki Minaj [because would I even be a white girl if that wasn’t how I spent my sunny Saturdays?], but I really cannot wait to go on holiday and pack this for the beach. I think it looks gorgeous and, while it was possibly one of my more frivolous buys from lockdown, I love having it as part of my Lounge collection!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This bikini is so beautiful and your figure is goal worthy! Lovely post xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig