Sunday, October 18, 2020

LOUNGE UNDERWEAR MUSTARD BLOSSOM BALCONY SET | REVIEW + TRY ON


Autumn is upon us! For most bloggers, that means pumpkin spiced lattes, leather jackets and insta pictures of themselves throwing fallen leaves. In my case, it means using it as an excuse to buy yet another set of Lounge Underwear, just this time, in a vaguely autumnal colour. I don’t wanna hear about whether that’s logical or not; I know these two flimsy pieces of lace aren’t going to keep me warm through the autumn months…but do they look good? Hell yeah they look good! So I decided to treat myself again [you know when you stress so much about money, you feel like the only option is to buy another set of pretty underwear? Yeah, that common issue] and I placed an order for the Mustard Blossom Balcony Bra & Thong by my ultimate faves; Lounge Underwear. Here’s what I [and my cat, by the looks of things] think!


This is my second Blossom Balcony set - having amassed about 7 sets of Lounge Underwear now, I thought I’d dip my toe back into this range because I liked my black set so much. I must say, I actually do prefer the cut of the bra in the ‘Blossom’ Balcony sets; they’re much more of a balconette-cut and I just find it slightly more flattering considering my chest is about as curvaceous as a filing cabinet. The rounded cup seems to create a slight illusion of a fuller bust, which I really love on my body type. I purchase the bra in a size 32A.


The knickers are the exact same cut as the normal Balcony sets, and I know there’s only so much praise I can give a pair of pants on the internet without coming across as some kind of fetishist, but these knickers will change. your. life. trust. meeeeeee. The lace is comfortable and soft, and the waistband is strong and thick. I love that they’re worn higher on the hips because I think its super flattering, and you can forget the days of the dreaded quadra-butt if you’re going for leggings or skinny jeans. I get the thong in a size S.


As with aaaaaall the Blossom Balcony sets [and just the regular Balcony sets, for that matter], this set me back £50. Luckily, using my Honey browser extension, I’m usually able to find a discount which knocks off between a fiver and a tenner. I always get these on Klarna because 3 instalments over the course of 3 months seems way more palatable than dropping fifty of the queen’s English pounds on two literal tiny pieces of lace in one fell swoop. I do genuinely think these are worth the money, though. They feel like really good quality pieces and my older sets [which have now been through the wash a good few times] still look good as new. 



My only gripe about the Blossom Balcony range is that the colour choice is slightly limited; or maybe just limited in terms of my taste. I’m a pastel princess, which is why I absolutely impulse-bought pretty much the entirety of the original Balcony range as they’re all in beautiful pastel shades; lilac, sky blue, mint and baby pink. The Blossom Balcony range - while all being really pretty still - just aren’t really ‘my’ colours. I currently have the black set and now the mustard set. However, the other colours are much more vibrant; teal, cobalt blue and emerald green. It’s a shame because I love the cut and the fit, I just don’t really fancy any of these colours and wish there were more options, but maybe they’re on the way! 


But obviously I’m not so cut up about it, given I still have like 3 sets in my basket that I’m just waiting to be able to justify purchasing! It’s no secret I’ve developed a bloody obsession with these sets over the summer months, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down at any point! I’m really pleased with this new set to add to my collection; I’d probably say this one is more ‘golden’ or ‘sunflower yellow’ than mustard, maybe! But it’s still gorgeous, and long may the obsession continue.


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the pretty yellow colour and lacy details of that Lounge Underwear lingerie set!
    It's always a treat to have the opportunity to own lingerie sets we love in a range of pretty feminine colours! I agree, that set does look gorgeous, and you look fabulous modelling it!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig