Thursday, October 15, 2020

KATCH ME | COSY WINTER TRY-ON HAUL*

Hands up if you’ve put the heating on yet! I can’t believe how the weather has changed; autumn is well and truly upon us. I’ve recently acquired some microwavable slippers, and I’m starting to get separation anxiety from the kettle for my endless cups of tea. It’s jumper and wooly hat season, and to be honest, I’m really excited. I love the summer months, but after I’ve worn mini dress after mini dress, I can get a bit bored of the repetitive fashion-side of things. I really love it when the weather changes because I think autumn and winter fashion is a lot more creative; I love the layering and accessorising that comes with the chilly months! I was suuuper excited to be contacted by Katch Me last week, who asked me if I’d like to select a few of their pieces to try for a blog post. I got to choose an item from their Jackets range, their PU range and their Loungewear range - perfect for this time of year! It’s the first time I’ve ever used their site, but I loved having a browse for what I wanted to order. Here’s what I went for…

Pink Double Pocket Teddy Trucker Jacket 

★★★★☆

If ever there was a jacket that was maaaaaade for me, it’s got to be this one right here. Despite the fact it is a slightly warmer shade of pink than my hair [which is kind of annoying - but realistically it’d be pretty impossible to match my hair to a jacket, wouldn’t it!] but I still think it looks really pretty! It’s a cropped length jacket in a very soft teddy material - and it’s much much much softer than I actually expected it to be! I wish the material was a teeny tiny bit thicker, or maybe that the jacket was lined for added warmth. I don’t think this would be perfect if I was lost in the arctic circle, as it isn’t the thickest of jackets.


I chose this in a size 10 so it’d be a slightly more oversized fit, but unfortunately I think the 3 meals of pasta a day in October have caught up with me, and it fits me pretty perfectly. The sleeves are a perfect length and there’s the perfect amount of room underneath for a jumper. This jacket also comes in black, white, brown and red, and the black and white versions are firmly on my radar for these coming cooler days. I really love this pink one though, it’s perfect for my ongoing pastel aesthetic and I think it’s super cute and fuzzy.

Black PU Vinyl Belted Jacket

★★★★☆

Okay, so this is without a doubt an Instagram-baddie jacket. I’ve actually been swooning over people in their longline PU jackets online for the last few weeks; I think they look so cool. They’re very ‘city-break in Paris while I sip a black coffee and silently judge you’, and I personally live for it. I went for a size 10 again, thinking this would be quite true-to-size, and it is. Again, the sleeves are the perfect length and I love the length on my body. Something that I noticed when I opened this is that it smelled really strongly when I first took it out of the parcel - and it wasn’t the most pleasant smell! I’ve been airing it out for a couple of days but the smell is still there, but it’s definitely fading with time.


I think this would be absolutely fabulous over a pair of black jeans, over a dress with thick tights, or over some patterned trousers during the winter months. And big bonus points that it’s belted! I’ve got the chunkiest pair of platform boots that I think would go perfectly with it. It’s also really really warm because of the faux leather/PU material - I nearly got heatstroke in my conservatory whilst taking the photos for this, so I actually have quite high hopes for this one being warm enough on its own during the freezing October nights we have coming up!

Blush Chunky Knit Loungewear Set

★★★★★

I have dabbled in loungewear sets during the course of lockdown; I’ve had really nice ones and really really REALLY horrific ones [those of you who remember my cycling short-lounge set haul, I still apologise] but this has got to be my favourite set that I’ve ever owned. This comes in One Size, but I count myself quite lucky that most One Size products usually fit me [I’m a size 8-10 usually, or a S-M!]. This set really feels like it was made for me. Again, it’s a ‘blush’ colour, which to be honest, I’d describe as more of a ‘nude’ in person. It’s the warmest, cosiest, snuggliest loungewear set on the face of the earth. As well as this pretty blush colour, it also comes in beige, black and I really really want it in the grey version. 


The knit material is stretchy and super warm. The leg length, surprisingly, is pretty ideal on me! I’m shorter than average at 5’2’’, but the waist of the bottoms can be tied with a cord, so you can sort of ‘adjust’ the length in a way, which is good for me! The sleeves have a slit detail in them which - I’m not gonna lie - has been draped in a fair bit of food so far. I’m not used to the drapey-sleeve style quite yet, but it was actually really handy when I was doing my skincare the other night. Not a wet sleeve in sight! This is just the cosiest little set and I’ve practically lived in it for the last week. I can’t see myself wearing this out of the house with my trainers and a cap like the models on the website, but it looks snuggly as anything with my slippers. I’m looking forward to cold winter nights wrapped up in this with a glass of wine!


The biggest of thank-yous to Katch Me for this really exciting collaboration! The quality and style of their items really reminds me of my favourite online shopping sites; stores like PrettyLittleThing, Missguided and Boohoo which I use religiously. I really enjoyed the whole experience, and I’m so happy with the pieces I chose. I’m definitely going to be having a look on their website a lot more. They have so many great pieces and the prices are comparable to the stores I already use, so I’ve been really impressed! If you haven’t ever had a little nosey on their website, I’d really recommend it!


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig