Sunday, September 15, 2019

HAIR TRANSFORMATION @ PINK SAYS


If you’re triggered by overgrown roots, look away now! I hadn’t been to the hairdressers for about six months before I booked in at my favourite hair salon in the UNIVERSE; so there was a whoooole lot of work to be done. I’ve been visiting Pink Says in Teignmouth for about four years now, even making the six-hour journey from London to Teignmouth after I moved away. Now I’m back, I’m so glad they’re on my doorstep again because there isn’t a set of ladies I trust so much with my hair. So, after about six months of re-growth and a strange silvery blonde tone to my hair, I booked in for a 9am appointment with Sam.

Pink Says is a retro-feel salon with bright teals and kitsch floor tiles. The bathroom is decorated with USA newspaper pages and you can sit and wait on their American Diner-style couch. The walls are decorated with an eclectic mix of prints, handwritten quotes and wall art with vintage radios and Jack Daniel’s bottles accenting the workstations. For me, I’ve always loved the feel of the salon. If you’ve ever visited Teignmouth (which is a teeny tiny seaside town in Devon), you’ll know it can sometimes feel a little bit tired. You’ve got all the charity shops and OAPs you could ever ask for, so it’s a lovely feeling to walk into somewhere so vibrant and full of a young, exiting atmosphere. 


It’s the first time Sam’s got her hands on me; I have always been looked after by Katy (who is currently on an adventure in Australia) but I’ve always thought the colour work they both do is fantastic. I’m a massive fan of bleach and pastel colours - having been peach, lilac and pink in the past - so I knew I was in the best hands. Funnily enough, I’d booked in with the intentions of staying blonde because I started my new job on Monday. But as soon as I sat in the salon chair in Pink Says, I decided I really wanted to go…yep, you guessed it: pink! 

We started off with bleaching my roots, with Sam bringing the bleach down gradually as it developed to help get rid of some of the banding in my hair. After that was rinsed off and I was back to my Targaryen-self, we used the Crazy Color Pink Shampoo (which I didn’t know existed!) followed by the Crazy Color Candyfloss Semi-Permanent Color all over my roots and lengths. I’m hugely stubborn so refused to get my ends trimmed - I know I need them doing but I get traumatised by the thought of scissors near my hair! - but after lots of beautiful-smelling products and a blow-dry, my hair was amazingly silky and sleek. And best of all, the most beautiful pastel pink colour! 

It’s such a dramatic change from the over-grown roots, and really is such an amazing transformation. On top of the amazing work they do, all the girls are so warm and welcoming, and they really can’t do enough for you. I was even gifted bottles of pink shampoo and pink conditioner from Sam that were going to go unused so I can keep my pink up at home between visits, which is so bloody kind and above and beyond what you’d expect from a hairdresser’s. I’m so so pleased with my hair and if you’re reading this guys, I promise I won’t wait so long before I come back again! Which colour next…?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig