Thursday, April 23, 2020

A FEEL-GOOD LOCKDOWN HAUL


We all need a little bit of a pick-me-up at the moment! The shops are shut, we can’t go for our usual comforting brunches or afternoons in the beer garden. Things are weird! Times are strange!  I’m obviously ever-grateful to be isolated with my family; we’re spending so much quality time together and I feel very lucky. I have a garden to sit in, an endless supply of documentaries and maybe a bottle of wine or three in the fridge. But I still felt like I could do with a little treat. 
I’ve not worked for over a month, so I decided to spend what very very very little money I have left on a few bits and bobs to cheer me up a bit…


L'Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation in Vanilla | £9.99
This one is trialled and tested and loved, although I took a bit of a gamble choosing a shade. I usually buy foundations in Ivory, because I’m usually so pale, but with the spring and summer months [and sunshine!] coming, I’m already a little more tanned than usual. Obviously for health and safety, all the testers were gone, so I went with Vanilla. The shade Vanilla is 2.N - whatever that means - I think the N stands for Neutral, meaning the tone isn’t particularly pinky or yellow; perfect for me. I’ve got a full review with swatches and a demo coming up for this one, so keep an eye out if you’re interested!

Bleach London Rosé Super Cool Colour | £5.99 each
I’ve had pink hair for a grand total of two and a half-is years of my life so far, and I genuinely feel more like *me* when I’m rocking the baby pink. I’ve tried various pink dyes over the years, but I always come back to this brand. Bleach London produce a variety of shades; greens, blues, purples, reds, but their Rosé shade is my absolute favourite. I find that it lasts really well on my hair, and is super easy to apply. Again, I’ve got a full review and demo up on my YouTube channel at the moment, so feel free to have a gander.

Superdrug Black Seaweed Peel Off Face Mask 10ml and Superdrug Skin Rescue Avocado Clay Mud Face Mask 15ml | £0.99 each
I do love a face mask. I don’t generally buy these little 99p sachets as I prefer to purchase a full-size product from a slightly more premium brand. But I do like to have a few options knocking around in my bedside drawer just in case. I spotted the Black Seaweed Peel-Off Mask which always looks fun - remember all those viral videos of people screaming while trying to remove them? Then I noticed a ‘New’ formula; the Avocado Clay Mask, which has walnut shell to exfoliate. These will be nice for a casual pamper sesh. I don’t expect life-changing results from these, but they’re still nice to have.

Cosmopolitan Magazine | £2
Would a feel-good haul even be complete without the literary masterpiece that is Cosmopolitan? I only buy this sporadically, like when I’m off on my holidays and have plenty of free time, but I’ve currently got nothing but time! I wasn’t particularly thrilled to see Little Mix on the cover, but it looks like there are a few good pieces to have a read of over the next few days. I’ll just need to avoid the beauty and fashion section to avoid wanting to spend even more of my non-existent money. 

I hope you’re all coping well and finding enough time to look after yourselves during these weird old weeks. I’m personally loving having all this time to take photos, blog, film videos and spend time with the family. Although it does seem funny that I’ll probably be looking the best I’ve ever looked in my life with my pink hair, perfectly clear skin and new makeup, but I’ll have nowhere to go! Oh the irony.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love that you put together a list of things that made you feel great! Oooh I love that these products doesn't cost the bank. face masks are great!! This is the perfect time to do them! Thanks for sharing your feel good list!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig